Announcement

#1 2012-07-12 18:26:39

geoffschultz
Marlborough, MA, USA
2012-07-01

Syncronize Duplicating Images

Last week I added about 200 albums and 3200 images.  These covered about 9 years of sailing and the albums were associated with top level albums titled like "2012 Cruising", etc.  I added one year at a time via FTP and synchronized them.

Since then I've been organizing sub-albums and sorting, selecting thumbnails, creating more descriptive names and providing descriptions. 

Today I made a backup of the database before attempting the Virtualize.  When that didn't work, I restored the database just to make sure that nothing got corrupted.

I then noted that I was missing 2 sub-albums from 2007 and FTPed the directories/images to the .galleries/2007_Cruising directory & ran a sync.  To my surprise it said that it was going to add all of the images and albums to the database!  I actually let it do that and it duplicated all of the files/albums.  It created duplicate "20xx Cruising" top level albums and added the "new" photos under them.

What's going on?  I've restored the database back to what it was prior to the Sync, but that doesn't solve my problem.  The directory structure of ./galleries seems to be fine.  I have many more albums (~250) that I need to add.  How am I going to do this?

Note that this was a clean install of 2.4 which was upgraded to 2.4.1.

-- Geoff

Last edited by geoffschultz (2012-07-12 18:29:12)

#2 2012-07-13 22:29:38

geoffschultz
Marlborough, MA, USA
2012-07-01

Re: Syncronize Duplicating Images

I just created a test gallery/database and populated it via FTP.  The directory structure was "2004 Cruising" and several sub-directories.  I synchronized it and all of the albums appeared as expected.  I re-synchronized and it worked as expected.

I then edited the "2004 Cruising" album and added a description. I then ran synchronize again and this time it created a whole new "2004 Cruising" album and added all of the sub-albums and images!  And these albums are now Virtual albums.

Clearly this is broken. 

At this point I'm stalled with 250+ more albums to load into my gallery, but I can't do this due to this issue.  FTP is the only viable solution for me & I have so much time invested in the 200 albums already created that I am not willing to switch to some other solution that will cause me to lose my work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- Geoff

#3 2012-07-14 15:09:47

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

now virtual ?? Are you sure you don't have traces of the plugin Virtualize ?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#4 2012-07-14 16:10:02

geoffschultz
Marlborough, MA, USA
2012-07-01

This was a clean install of 2.4.1 with a test gallery and a new database.  Here's a view of the _categories table after changing the parent album description and resyncing.  Am I mistaken that having a value in "dir" implies virtual?

Also note that after doing this, I created a "Cruising" album and moved (what I think is) the physical album (id 1) under the "Cruising" album.  I was unable to move id 8 under "Cruising", which is counter intuitive to me.

-- Geoff

P.S.  I just noted that the table isn't sorted by ID and is out of order.

Last edited by geoffschultz (2012-07-14 16:18:47)

#5 2012-07-17 16:35:54

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

so let's summarize
So now you have

root
'->2004 cruising (8 ; physical)
'->Cruising (15 virtual)
....'->2004 cruising (1 virtual)

so before you had :
root

you synchronized after editing the description, and you get

root
'->2004 cruising (1 virtual)

right ? what did you do after ? i didn't understand, thx

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#6 2012-07-18 00:00:48

geoffschultz
Marlborough, MA, USA
2012-07-01

I'm having trouble duplicating the issue, even though I was able to do it on my test db and it's the same problem that I have with my "production" database.  I'll keep trying and let you know how to reproduce it if I figure that out again.

-- Geoff

Board footer