Announcement

#1 2012-08-03 08:56:25

Yogie
Translation Team
Germany
2012-07-24

Tutorials / Documentation

Hi,

I'm quite new to Piwigo and I like it so far, but there is one thing I didn't find so far which is a good source of documentation or tutorials.

I like to search and read things before posting questions into forums and start keeping people busy :-)

So is there any structured documentation (and up to date)?
The section "Docs" (here on the website) is also not quite clear as I can only find "fragments" of a documentation and within Piwigo I don't have any "Help" or "?" buttons when I need these :(

For example I'm looking for a how to use and configure the "Advanced Menu Manager" Plugin or when I hit the "Help" item on the top menu of the backend (Administstration) screen I'm getting errors like this:

Notice: Undefined index: in /is/htdocs/.../www/piwigo/admin/help.php on line 57

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /is/htdocs/.../www/piwigo/admin/help.php:57) in /is/htdocs/.../www/piwigo/include/page_header.php on line 105

and for some other plugins I have installed I even get more such errors like from the "Advanced Menu Manager" when clicking on the "Links" tab ...

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /is/htdocs/.../www/piwigo/admin/include/tabsheet.class.php on line 95

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /is/htdocs/.../www/piwigo/admin/include/tabsheet.class.php:95) in /is/htdocs/.../www/piwigo/include/page_header.php on line 105

and at the first tab of the plugin I do have two sections for each menu entry the first has a drop down with access levels but the most right one has a drop down without any entries? And for that for example I didn't find any documentation!?

Or the Piwigo page manager what is this for? There is no "?" help page!

So may I kindly ask you to direct me towards any tutorials (and documentation) or explain how the existing documentation is structured so I would know where to search and look?

Many thanks in advance!
Yogie

Last edited by Yogie (2012-08-03 08:58:13)

#2 2012-08-03 09:05:11

Yogie
Translation Team
Germany
2012-07-24

Re: Tutorials / Documentation

Yogie wrote:

..."Advanced Menu Manager"...at the first tab of the plugin I do have two sections for each menu entry the first has a drop down with access levels but the most right one has a drop down without any entries? And for that for example I didn't find any documentation!?

I just found out that this drop down will contain groups if you specify these :)

#3 2012-08-03 18:06:56

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Hi :-)

The documentation is a wiki where all users can participate ;-)

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#4 2012-08-04 01:23:38

grum
Former Piwigo Team
Pantin
2007-09-10

Advanced Menu Manager is a plugin, and there's no documentation about it.
May be that one day, when I'll have the time, I'll write some help about useage.

If you have any question about how he plugin works, you have to ask us on the forum.

My pictures with Piwigo, of course !
[ www.grum.fr ]

Board footer