Announcement

#1 2012-06-11 00:35:21

pesto126
2012-06-11

Display IPTC keywords on Info tab (Stripped theme)

Hi.. love the program thus far.  I've installed the Stripped theme and want to display the image IPTC keyword data that i've setup on my local system..  can you tell me how I would go about to do that?

Towards that end, is there an easy way to display other data - naming GPS location data if the image has it?

Many thx!

EDIT: Looks like the data is being displayed in picture.tpl.. but I'm not sure if this data is loaded/stored in a particular variable - for example the Author info is pulled from IPTC as such..
  ie:  <tr id="Author">
    <td class="label">{'Author'|@translate}</td>
    <td class="value">{if isset($INFO_AUTHOR)}{$INFO_AUTHOR}{else}{'N/A'|@translate}{/if}</td>
    </tr>

Is there a way to store/retrieve $INFO_IPTC_KEYWORDS  ?

Last edited by pesto126 (2012-06-11 00:45:55)

#2 2012-06-11 09:55:31

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Display IPTC keywords on Info tab (Stripped theme)

Hello
I think you might test [extension by grum] Advanced Metadata .

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2012-06-11 10:43:21

Zaphod
Former Piwigo Team
2006-11-13

If you choose the correct Iptc mapping parameters in local config, it should work.
I thought the parameters were correct by default...

Are the keywords displayed with other themes ?

#4 2012-06-15 22:40:57

pesto126
2012-06-11

Thx for the replies... I tried to install the Ametadata plugin and though it seems to run and provide the functionality I am after, I get the following errors at the top of my page when I load a gallery up:

Warning: php_uname() has been disabled for security reasons in /services8/webpages/util/f/u/xxxxxx/public/Pico/piwigo/plugins/AMetaData/JpegMetaData/External/php-gettext/gettext.inc on line 199

Warning: php_uname() has been disabled for security reasons in /services8/webpages/util/f/u/xxxxxxxx/public/Pico/piwigo/plugins/AMetaData/JpegMetaData/External/php-gettext/gettext.inc on line 199

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /services8/webpages/util/f/u/XXXXXXX/public/Pico/piwigo/plugins/AMetaData/JpegMetaData/External/php-gettext/gettext.inc:199) in /services8/webpages/util/f/u/xxxxxxx/public/Pico/piwigo/include/user.inc.php on line 29

Warning: php_uname() has been disabled for security reasons in /services8/webpages/util/f/u/xxxxxxx/public/Pico/piwigo/plugins/AMetaData/JpegMetaData/External/php-gettext/gettext.inc on line 199

Warning: php_uname() has been disabled for security reasons in /services8/webpages/util/f/u/xxxxxxx/public/Pico/piwigo/plugins/AMetaData/JpegMetaData/External/php-gettext/gettext.inc on line 199

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /services8/webpages/util/f/u/xxxxxxxxx/public/Pico/piwigo/plugins/AMetaData/JpegMetaData/External/php-gettext/gettext.inc:199) in /services8/webpages/util/f/u/xxxxxxxxx/public/Pico/piwigo/include/page_header.php on line 103

Any thoughts?  is the plugin perhaps not compatible with the latest release (I don't see it in the update notes so perhaps this is an abandoned plugin)?  Thx!

#5 2012-06-16 00:39:37

pesto126
2012-06-11

Just wanted to mention that this error doesn't always appear.. but seems to pick and choose when it wants to appear.

I really want to make this work!  :)

#6 2012-06-16 11:58:34

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Hello
"php_uname() has been disabled for security reasons " means that your host has disabled this function. You could ask to your host why, and to enable it

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#7 2012-06-17 14:55:35

Zaphod
Former Piwigo Team
2006-11-13

There is no need for Advanced MetaData just for IPTC keywords.
(Piwigo doesn't reed XMP keywords but reads IPTC keywords...)

I use this mapping in LocalFilesEditor:

Code:

$conf['use_iptc'] = true;
$conf['use_iptc_mapping'] = array(
  'name'            => '2#005',
  'keywords'        => '2#025',
  'author'          => '2#080',
  'comment'         => '2#120'
  );

In stripped the keywords are not in the info tab, but in the "tag" tab.
That's a deliberate choice to make the keywords more accessible and always visible.
(as the info tag can be set to be visible only by the admin)

#8 2012-08-04 19:17:29

Andrei

@Zaphod Can you please give few more details on where exactly to insert this code? I crashed my installation once after trying, don't want it to happen again.

Thanks!

#9 2012-08-04 20:43:59

geoffschultz
Marlborough, MA, USA
2012-07-01

Andrei,

Plugins/Local File Editor/Local Config

-- Geoff

Board footer