Announcement

#1 2012-08-13 10:59:50

EdwinKort
Translation Team
Rhoon, the Netherlands
1970-01-01

Cookie law

To comply to the European and Dutch cookielaw, I wanted to set a cookie control script, to inform visitors about the cookies and ask for their consent. However, when I added this to the footer.tpl, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in footer.tpl line 35]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: introText:'
This site uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer.

', fullText:'
Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won\'t work as expected without them. These cookies are set when you submit a form, login or interact with the site by doing something that goes beyond clicking on simple links.

We also use some non-essential cookies to anonymously track visitors or enhance your experience of the site. If you\'re not happy with this, we won\'t set these cookies but some nice features of the site may be unavailable.Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won\'t work as expected without them. These cookies are set when you submit a form, login or interact with the site by doing something that goes beyond clicking on simple links.

We also use some non-essential cookies to anonymously track visitors or enhance your experience of the site. If you\'re not happy with t in /home/bookieb/public_html/voorugezien.nl/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1093

My Gallery
Hosted with: Surpass Hosting since 2004

#2 2012-08-14 00:49:42

grum
Former Piwigo Team
Pantin
2007-09-10

Re: Cookie law

look into the extension: you have a plugin (I don't remember which one) dedicated to change change the footer of your gallery.

My pictures with Piwigo, of course !
[ www.grum.fr ]

#3 2012-08-14 08:43:01

EdwinKort
Translation Team
Rhoon, the Netherlands
1970-01-01

grum wrote:

look into the extension: you have a plugin (I don't remember which one) dedicated to change change the footer of your gallery.

Thanks. instead of in the footer, I found the < add header > plugin would allow to add javascript to be used. So, now I have the code installed and working. When someone visits the site, their will be a pop-up asking to either allow or disallow cookies to be set.

Last edited by EdwinKort (2012-08-14 09:05:24)

My Gallery

#4 2012-08-14 19:05:12

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Great but you know the legislation is blurred : the browser options is sufficient enough to respect the law

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#5 2012-08-14 19:09:29

EdwinKort
Translation Team
Rhoon, the Netherlands
1970-01-01

In Holland the law about cookies is stricter then the European one, and we need to have 'permission' from the visitor. i was informed about that by some people on my blog, where the opt-in option was missing. So, I rather be safe. :)

My Gallery

Board footer