Announcement

#1 2012-08-20 22:14:24

dalopiw
2012-08-20

Failed to write file to disk

I have a piwigo installation that I successfully used in the past, but since upgrading to 2.4.3, I am unable to upload anything to a new album. I took a simple case, and tried a relatively small (about 600K) sample image, and uploaded it in the admin interface using both the flash and the browser methods. In both of them, the file uploads, and then I get "Failed to write file to disk." I checked the directory permissions under _data/i/upload, and they are ok, for it did create the directories today when I created the album.  I haven't tried uploading to an existing album.

Any thoughts on what is wrong?

Details:
Piwigo 2.4.3 running at Certifiedhosting
Php 5.3.13
Mysql 5.1.63
I tried both External ImageMagik and GD for the graphics library.

#2 2012-08-20 23:55:09

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Failed to write file to disk

Hi
You get the error after the upload right? See the permission of the upload folder (not the one in data)

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2012-08-21 00:18:16

dalopiw
2012-08-20

The permissions. I do see some images in there, from earlier attempts at uploading.

Hmm, I just tried it again, but with different results. This time, it said the upload succeeded, but dumped out the error message

Notice: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error! in /home/mistersu/public_html/piwigo/admin/include/functions_upload.inc.php on line 224

Notice: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error! in /home/mistersu/public_html/piwigo/admin/include/image.class.php on line 231

Notice: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error! in /home/mistersu/public_html/piwigo/admin/include/functions_upload.inc.php on line 415

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mistersu/public_html/piwigo/admin/include/functions_upload.inc.php:224) in /home/mistersu/public_html/piwigo/include/page_header.php on line 105

Looking in the folder under upload, the system just added a jpg with 0 bytes, and it shows in the album with a broken image.

#4 2012-08-21 13:11:50

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Did you try different images, just to be sure?
Did your host changed something?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#5 2012-08-21 14:05:46

dalopiw
2012-08-20

Today I tried my small sample images again, and they uploaded with no problem. I have no idea what changed.

However, the large files I try to upload still aren't successful. The uploading goes fine, no error messages from processing, nothing in the error log, but I get a broken image symbol instead of the thumbnail. The original image uploaded correctly, for I can download it again. However, any form of reduced image is missing on the disk. A memory problem? I see php has memory_limit 128M, and the large test image (6225x6150), when uncompressed, is about 146MB, so I must be hitting that limit. I will see if I can get that bumped up. I only need it when doing the processing after an upload, right?

#6 2012-08-21 18:06:02

dalopiw
2012-08-20

Php memory limit bumped up to 512M, and now no problem. No telling what was happening yesterday.

#7 2012-08-22 13:20:57

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Maybe your hoster limited your resources because quotas was exceeded... don't know

#8 2012-12-08 15:40:26

Arafath Hashmi

It is the issue of

Board footer