Announcement

#1 2012-08-22 05:33:54

withhaojun
2011-12-28

Can we search the album name to find the album?

Can we search the album name to find the album?
maybe i have hundreds of albums
I just only remember their album name

Last edited by withhaojun (2012-08-22 05:51:44)

#2 2012-08-22 13:28:00

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Can we search the album name to find the album?

Hello
the search will only return pictures, but if an album matches the keyword, pictures inside that album will be returned (I've just tested on my gallery)

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2012-08-24 04:12:41

withhaojun
2011-12-28

if add advanced search
we can search the album name to find the album
I think it is a good thing

#4 2016-07-22 16:08:36

f3red
Cold Springs (Reno), NV, USA
2015-06-11

Hello all,

I agree with the other posters' request, to be able to search by album name (or partial album name).

I also note that the quick search box - with plugin Autocomplete - suggests a list of albums that match what is typed: I would like to obtain that list as a search result. This suggests a starting point for the requested feature, by marrying the quick search and Autocomplete capabilities.

My motivation for this is to enable alternate useful views of the historical documents maintained on our Piwigo gallery, in the subsection at http://photos.384thbombgroup.com/index. … tegory/840   

Images in the above section come from the USA National Archives (NARA) and are presented in chronological order, which is designed to foster ease of research. But it is also useful (especially for administration) to view the collections of albums in a different order, such as grouped by the original archive box the records are stored in at NARA. For this, a search by album name would be most useful.

I will be happy to consult with developers, and to assist in testing.

Cheers,
f3

Board footer