Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » Facebook and other piwigo little problems

#1 2012-10-02 13:53:03

sakvajazas
2012-10-02

Facebook and other piwigo little problems

Hello! Well,i ran into a few little problems and maybe anyone would know how to slove them :)

The fist one: How can i move facebook like button into toolbar? I tried to find required files and understand them, but there is to many variables for me :))

http://imageshack.us/a/img803/4462/facebooksi.png

Second problem is: Piwigo CMS originally in the main page shows Albums, but it would be nice if i could change instead of albums in the main page to the recent photos. Maybe anyone can help me with that, as well?

And the last, which i think it is most complicated: I'm using "stripped" theme and they removed the "Change the picture size" (When you click on it, you can change photo to XXL - Large, XL - Medium, etc..) in the picture section. How can i add it back? I know that this theme have automatic resize function, but i still want to add manual selection.

Thanks, for responses and help ;)

#2 2012-10-07 08:44:31

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Facebook and other piwigo little problems

Hi :-)

sakvajazas wrote:

Second problem is: Piwigo CMS originally in the main page shows Albums, but it would be nice if i could change instead of albums in the main page to the recent photos. Maybe anyone can help me with that, as well?

You can add bloc on home page with
[extension by plg] PWG Stuffs

sakvajazas wrote:

And the last, which i think it is most complicated: I'm using "stripped" theme and they removed the "Change the picture size" (When you click on it, you can change photo to XXL - Large, XL - Medium, etc..) in the picture section. How can i add it back? I know that this theme have automatic resize function, but i still want to add manual selection.

you can go to Administration -> Configuration -> Options -> tab 'Photo sizes'
for choise size

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2012-10-09 12:56:28

sakvajazas
2012-10-02

ddtddt wrote:

<...>

you can go to Administration -> Configuration -> Options -> tab 'Photo sizes'
for choise size

Yes, you are right, but i want to make that visitors could also resize photos how they want.

By the way, thanks for help! ;)

#4 2012-10-09 13:21:19

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

on photo page they're are an icône for user choise other size

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#5 2012-10-09 16:11:29

sakvajazas
2012-10-02

ddtddt wrote:

on photo page they're are an icône for user choise other size

Yes, on the default themes it is, but "stripped" theme (very popular theme) has removed it, and it would be great to add it back :)

#6 2012-11-11 23:46:10

Zaphod
Former Piwigo Team
2006-11-13

It has not been removed, it has not been included (and it won't).
It's a deliberate choice for 2 reasons:
- I prefer that the webmaster choose the size of the image (there's an autosize function to fit to screen)
- it would be very hard to include correctly (visually)

#7 2012-11-12 09:58:30

EvilKant
Russia
1970-01-01

sakvajazas wrote:

The fist one: How can i move facebook like button into toolbar? I tried to find required files and understand them, but there is to many variables for me :))

I try write for you little jquery script, but that don't work. I think that because script play before FB-button shows and jquery can't find it(this is question for piwigo team :) ).

Code:

{footer_script}{literal}
var fb_like = $('#fb-xfbml-like-button').remove();
  fb_like.prependTo('.actionButtons');
{/literal}{/footer_script}

I think, you can find the courage to ask autor of fb plugin. I think you need change only one word in plugin code...

Last edited by EvilKant (2012-11-12 10:01:44)

#8 2012-11-12 11:27:25

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

hi
you might use a prefilter to remove that code, but you will need to check first how the plugin add that code

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#9 2012-12-18 06:26:12

norbusan
Komatsu, Ishikawa, Japan
2011-06-11

Indeed, moving the facebook button to the top bar as suggested would be a great thing. There is another reason for it: If there are descriptions to be displayed below the photo (option of stripped) then the spacing is always wrong and the description disappears behind the tabs (info, exif) until I manually resize the browser windows. This is somehow a pain.

•  » Extensions
  •  » Facebook and other piwigo little problems

Board footer