Announcement

#16 2012-07-19 05:04:58

unclvito
Florida, USA
1970-01-01

Re: [Plugin] Protected Albums

Shermbug, good idea.  I will look in to hooking into the new permissions allowed in 2.4.

#17 2012-07-19 08:04:46

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

unclvito wrote:

Hey Piwigo developers, you know why you don't do a trigger_action for the permissions tab page?  Are you doing things differently now in 2.4.x and on?

[Forum, topic 19897] make it easy for plugins to add tabs in admin screens

#18 2012-07-19 08:59:23

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

@unclvito, thanks to add directory language with EN;-)

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#19 2012-09-04 09:51:06

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hi unclvito,

I'm testing [extension by unclvito] Protected Albums version 0.2.a. It works nicely with Piwigo 2.4.3, but we still have thi problem:

plg wrote:

2) [...] What is much more complex: if the photo can only be viewed from this album, then it must not be visible in any way. For example, with picture.php?/2189 or picture.php?/2189/tags/20-horse

As far as I'm concerned, I think it's a major issue because it gives a feeling of protection to the user, but in no way photos are really private :-/

Do you plan to fix it? Do you need some help on it?

#20 2012-09-04 14:25:33

shermbug
2012-07-07

Hi pig and unclvito -

Several months ago I had posted some ideas about different levels of security for Piwigo in topic 19857 (http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=19857), as well as an idea about integrating user/group level permissions into the Protected Albums pulgin (earlier in this forum thread).

I think that unclivito has done a great job with the Protected Albums plugin, and I actually think that the features should be folded directly into the standard security features of Piwigo (some other gallery environments have this implemented in their base security options).  This would allow the existing security architecture of Piwigo to handle what is now a security hole in Protected Albums and combine it with user/group level permissions to provide a greater range of security options in Piwigo.

Do others such as the main Piwigo developers and unclvito agree?

I am not much of a programmer/coder, but I would be happy to help out by providing ideas, testing future versions of this plugin and/or testing new versions of Piwigo.

All of that said, thank you to the Piwigo team and unclvito for all of your hard work :-)

#21 2012-09-10 06:47:04

Max_Photographer

Thanks for updating new version of protected albums, much better features than previous version and more stable.

I do have one issue though. I have the elegant theme for desktop viewers and works great with protected albums, but when i also enable Smart Pocket (Mobile) and access the gallery from iphone or android and select a password protected album and I get no images, just a blank page with navigation bars. I'm not sure if this belongs here or belongs on the themes topic.

#22 2012-10-11 05:00:51

stan345

Max_Photographer - Thanks for posting.  I too have the same issue. When viewing my photos on mobile phone, there is no place to enter password for protected albums.  Other than that, it is a very good plugin. Please resolve this problem.

#23 2012-10-22 20:53:49

CowJam

Great plug in, but can you please make the password box of password type instead of text?  It feels wrong typing a password in and being able to see it.

#24 2012-10-22 21:40:43

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

CowJam wrote:

Great plug in, but can you please make the password box of password type instead of text?  It feels wrong typing a password in and being able to see it.

that's just one part of this plugin which makes it a 'false' security plugins : pictures inside 'protected' albums can be available by many others ways without a pwd

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#25 2012-10-23 21:37:53

dodofxp
2012-10-23

I doubt real protected albums can be achieved without intercepting the URL to images/albums and applying security at that level. Currently only the redirect from the album overview to the single images seems protected.

This feature should be provided by Piwigo itself because I dont know how complex it would be to add 'handlers' ontop of URI filters and make them available to plugins (I am a Java dev, so I have no real clue about PHP).

Other than that I was wondering how hard it would be to provide a password page/box for mobile systems?
Does Piwigo take care of mobile-detection? in that case it should be fairly straight forward, right?

#26 2012-10-23 21:42:03

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

No need of a such complicated things. The best and sure way is to use users/private album built in feature

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#27 2012-10-23 21:47:52

dodofxp
2012-10-23

Not knowing of the 'private' I made things ooooooverly complex. I take it all back. I like it :-)

Now what could be done about mobile? If that is added, that would make my gallery I really happy one :-)

PS: Thanks for your quick reply!

#28 2012-11-06 20:06:23

winfree

Sad to say, but I can easily circumvent the password protection of an album when I use one of the calendar views. All the pictures are shown without having to enter a password.

#29 2012-12-19 19:44:50

Marko

Hi, great plugin, seems to be working exactly as I hoped on my website.

One thing I have noticed tho is the plugin does not work on the default mobile theme in 2.4.6, that is, I can see the passworded albums on the mobile site but when trying to open it I would expect to see a password field, instead I get a blank screen.

Is this something I can fix? If so, can someone tell me how?

Cheers and keep up the great work!

#30 2012-12-20 12:53:46

arnaud_42

I found a bug in index.inc.php line 40:

$_SESSION['protectalbum_redir'] = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];

should be replaced by:

$_SESSION['protectalbum_redir'] = get_gallery_home_url().$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];

Board footer