2009-11-27

Re: Problems with Psli-BingMaps

OK, Pass is on the way.

#17 2012-05-11 11:05:25

psli
2012-04-27

It works !!!!!

I've made some update to the plugin and updated it on your site.
(This action showed me there is a mistake when updating plugin online ... Every configuration is lost - key, starting center and zoom ... I must correct it)

Now, you got the map on the album.

As i said, your key have been erased from the database in the process. I'm sorry.
I have rewrite center and zoom but not your key...

Thank you very much for your time and I hope that you will like using this plugin.

If you need some help to understand how to use it, I can help you.

PS : I've never been to germany but your pictures shows me that I must come !

#18 2012-05-11 21:51:55

alexpreyer
Hammelburg (Ger)
2009-11-27

I fear you will not be happy to hear what I say :-)
I saw the map on the gallery page, but only the whole world. As I entered the admin menu there was a update for your plugin. After installing it, every time entering all date is gone when I push "save". There must be still a mistake.
And don't worry. It's ok for me to help. Afterwards I can use a very nice plugin without paying. So I have to thank you for your work.

P.S. Yes, I live in a very nice region here in Germany. With a plenty of great locations to make fotos. But there are many more in our country, and I'm sure in yours as well.

#19 2012-05-12 00:51:16

psli
2012-04-27

So, this time i've done my job until the end.

I have upgraded plugin to take care of this issue.
With a lot more tests than what i've done this afternoon (I was working - my real work and i don't think that was a good idea to try to do many things at the same time ...).

I've used the user account you gave me to make the plugin update on your site and now, everything seems alright.

Changes on plugin setup is OK, map is showed on the album ...
So far, it seems OK (i must be careful with this, i've already said that ...)

Thank you again for your help

psli

#20 2012-05-12 09:34:22

alexpreyer
Hammelburg (Ger)
2009-11-27

Thanks for your big effort - it works now :-)

One question about the funtionality. Your plugin can only set for one album and on the map the positions of the pictures are not shown, is this right?

#21 2012-05-12 10:13:25

psli
2012-04-27

Hi, I'm happy, that everything works.

For the functionality, the best (and the only one i know at this time ...) sample of the effect of the plugin is on my site (http://psli.free.fr/index.php?/category/Tourisme).
As you will see, the map appears on album "Tourisme" (Reisen in German I think). Some zone are displayed, if you click on one, zoom level change and you will see album from this zone, if you zoom in or out zone and point are displayed accordingly to the zoom level. For each point, click open the album ...

At this time, you can define a point or a zone for an album. And for this point or this zone an action like "zoom to level ... " or open the album (to show the pictures).
For each album where you defined a point or a zone, you can set minimum and maximum level of appearance in the map.

For example, in your case, you could use "reisen" album as base for the map.
For each subcategory in "Reisen" (swiss, majorque ...) you define point or zone where the pictures were taken visible from level 1 and with action open the album.
You could also use plugin "smartalbum" to create virtual album based on your tags (in which you have city information like Saaletal, Hammelburg ...) and define point or zone for your map.

There is no need to have hierarchical organization for the point on the map. Every album that have point or zone defined will be showed on the map (without taking care of thie hierarchical position in your album tree).

I'm working on extracting exif information from the pictures, the matter with this function is when you got a lot of picture in an album taken from the same (almost) spot  ... In this case, you got a lot of point in the map at the same place and navigation isn't easy between each pictures. That's why I choose (in first time) to show point / album.

I hope my explanation was clear enough for you to understand.
In the future (but not this week-end ...) I will write an user-manual.

Thanks again for your help.
psli

#22 2012-05-12 11:49:08

alexpreyer
Hammelburg (Ger)
2009-11-27

Psli, what I saw on your site was much more than I expected from your plugin. Wow, thats amazing.
But for the moment I have a problem to unterstand how and where I can define the zones and the points. All my pictures are already tagged with coordinates, so, why see I only the map, without points?
I read your explanation but there's somewhere in my brain a knot.

Thanks anyway so far for your work.

#23 2012-05-14 15:55:57

psli
2012-04-27

Sorry for the delay.

I will try to be more clearer than my previous post.

At this time, plugin don't get location in the exif of your pictures (i'm working on it, ETA may 17th).
You must define location per album (and not per pictures) on album page.

For each album, you can define
- either a pin (a single location) or a zone (a polygon on the map),
- an action to do when user click on it : change level of the map or open an album,
- zoom level at which this location is visible (minimum to maximum).

I've made this with touristic albums in mind (a zone for a country for example visible from zoom 1 to 7, and a pin for a city visible from 8 to 20 ...) ...

But, with the remarks i got, it seems that some people want to use exif gps information ... I'm wroking on it.

psli

#24 2013-01-14 13:41:44

novw
2013-01-06

I will just (re-)use this topic for a note:

Thank you for your plugin, it sounds like a good one.

I have piwigo 2.4 installed
I installed the plugin
when I activate
piwigo tells me "the plugin does not seem to be compatible with this version of piwigo"

Board footer