Announcement

#46 2012-12-08 13:04:34

nicolas
Former Piwigo Team
2004-12-30

Re: Plugin User Tags

I cannot reproduce the bug. Any help will be appreciated.

#47 2012-12-12 13:27:02

sakanaou

nicolas wrote:

I cannot reproduce the bug. Any help will be appreciated.

Dear nicolas,

my Piwigo installation is behind a htpasswd blockade as it is run for internal purposes only and users should only be allowed to access it when they have authenticated themselves via the server.
Could the problem I described be related to my setup? Maybe the web-api call is blocked somehow.
Which file is accessed for retrieving the data? $PIWIGO_ROOT_DIR/ws.php? I could unblock this single file, if this would help. (Did so already for the uploadify swf due to a related problem).
Do you know how I can debug this? Is there a way to "unpack" the javascript code?
Thanks in advance.

#48 2012-12-12 14:28:28

nicolas
Former Piwigo Team
2004-12-30

Yes you can try to unblock ws.php as ajax requests are made through ws.php.

#49 2012-12-13 14:00:15

sakanaou

Dear nicolas,

I solved the problem, but blocking ws.php was not the problem (which I really found unlikely as the AJAX request is done by the browser that previously authenticated with the server).

I noticed that the query script passes the typed in data lower-case and that the result was empty. When I hacked it that the query was as I typed it in (full case) I got valid results.

Then I dug deeper an noticed that the row "name" of the table "piwigo_tags" was set to the collate "utf8_bin", which enforces a binary string comparison according to the MySQL documentation.
I altered the table definition so that "name" is now set to collation "utf8_general_ci". And voila, the string comparison is done case-insensitive and I get valid results.

Thanks for your help and quick response.

#50 2012-12-13 14:13:02

nicolas
Former Piwigo Team
2004-12-30

sakanaou wrote:

Dear nicolas,

I solved the problem, but blocking ws.php was not the problem (which I really found unlikely as the AJAX request is done by the browser that previously authenticated with the server).

I noticed that the query script passes the typed in data lower-case and that the result was empty. When I hacked it that the query was as I typed it in (full case) I got valid results.

Then I dug deeper an noticed that the row "name" of the table "piwigo_tags" was set to the collate "utf8_bin", which enforces a binary string comparison according to the MySQL documentation.
I altered the table definition so that "name" is now set to collation "utf8_general_ci". And voila, the string comparison is done case-insensitive and I get valid results.

Thanks for your help and quick response.

I can add an option in admin to make search case-insensitive.

#51 2013-01-14 15:04:24

novw
2013-01-06

On the admin page I noticed a question mark. When clicked I get a popup:

-----
Piwigo encountered a non recoverable error

_data//plugins/ no write access

#1    mkgetdir /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/plugins/user_tags/include/t4u_config.class.php(32)
#2    t4u_Config::__construct /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/plugins/user_tags/include/t4u_config.class.php(43)
#3    t4u_Config::getInstance /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/plugins/user_tags/init.php(31)
#4    include_once /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/plugins/user_tags/main.inc.php(35)
#5    include_once /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/include/functions_plugins.inc.php(236)
#6    load_plugin /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/include/functions_plugins.inc.php(250)
#7    load_plugins /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/include/common.inc.php(137)
#8    include_once /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/admin/popuphelp.php(31)
-----

The _data/plugins is 777.
I notice a double slach in the path: _data//plugins/ ? My bad, or your typo?

Is this the reason I see no "add tags" on the picture pages ?

edit

I dug deep, and found in /include/t4u_config.class.php on line 64

Code:

private function get_config_file_dir() {
    return $GLOBALS['conf']['data_location'].'/plugins/';
  }

Can I safely remove the / in front of the plugins ? Or will I start shutdown of the internets than?

Last edited by novw (2013-01-14 15:12:08)

#52 2013-01-14 15:17:42

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

I had the samebug recently, I didn't search further more

I think you are right, the issue came from this slash, try remove it

#53 2013-01-14 15:25:24

novw
2013-01-06

but but but I might end the world ;)

Nope. "New" error:

Code:

Piwigo encountered a non recoverable error

_data/plugins/ no write access

#1  mkgetdir /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/plugins/user_tags/include/t4u_config.class.php(32)
#2  t4u_Config::__construct /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/plugins/user_tags/include/t4u_config.class.php(43)
#3  t4u_Config::getInstance /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/plugins/user_tags/init.php(31)
#4  include_once /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/plugins/user_tags/main.inc.php(35)
#5  include_once /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/include/functions_plugins.inc.php(236)
#6  load_plugin /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/include/functions_plugins.inc.php(250)
#7  load_plugins /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/include/common.inc.php(137)
#8  include_once /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/admin/popuphelp.php(31)

The path is correct now at least. Could this be related to the server hickups (safe mode) I have been having?

#54 2013-01-14 15:32:47

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

strange

I use folders in "_data" in my own plugins, no problem (right ?), perhaps the way its done in User Tags is buggy

#55 2013-01-14 15:45:47

nicolas
Former Piwigo Team
2004-12-30

The problem is not the slash. You can add as many slash as you want it will work.
Your problem is that your server has no write access for _data/plugins/ directory.

#56 2013-01-14 16:18:50

novw
2013-01-06

As far as I know there is a difference between _data//plugins/ and _data/plugins/ ?

Anyway.

_data/plugins/ has 777. So do the two (!) files that reside inside: index.htm and user_tags.dat

user_tags.dat:

Code:

a:4:{s:10:"plugin_dir";s:77:"/home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/plugins/user_tags";s:11:"plugin_name";s:9:"User Tags";s:21:"t4u_permission_update";N;s:11:"permissions";a:2:{s:3:"add";s:5:"guest";s:6:"delete";s:9:"webmaster";}}

The plugin is doing something. However. Where is the location where the user can add tags? I seem unable to locate an option "add tags" or something? I have set who can add tags to "guest" and who can delete to "webmaster"

#57 2013-01-14 20:27:38

rvelices
Former Piwigo Team
2005-12-29

the plugin does not work correctly if launched by a script outside the root piwigo directory (popuphelp is inside admin)

the data_location is defined as a relative path to the piwigo root directory

so if a plugin needs
- a file system path it should use PHPWG_ROOT_PATH.$conf['data_location']
- an url it should use get_root_url().$conf['data_location']

#58 2013-01-18 20:29:06

nicolas
Former Piwigo Team
2004-12-30

I fixed issue with path in admin help pages with release 0.7.2

#59 2013-02-10 12:34:10

Quack

I have just run into an issue with running User Tags and Jplayer plugins together.  If I enable User Tags, Jplayer will not play audio or video files - the player does not seem to load.

#60 2013-02-11 18:34:42

nicolas
Former Piwigo Team
2004-12-30

@Quack : I'm sorry but I don't know how to reproduce your problem. Can you help me adding video (in flv format for example) and playing them with jPlayer. I'm sure I missed something but don't know what.

Board footer