Announcement

•  » Themes
  •  » how to enable manual selection of mobile theme?

#1 2013-01-22 06:19:29

quixote
2008-05-10

how to enable manual selection of mobile theme?

On my Nokia N900 it shows a miniature version of the desktop page. I saw in the forums that somebody had similar trouble with a Blackberry. Instead of trying to guess a person's device, I'd like to have a choice near the top of the sidebar: "Mobile theme" "Desktop theme".

Is there a way to implement that? There are some lines in footer.tpl that look like they might be adaptable for that purpose. But if I understand the code right (which I probably don't) it looks like changing styles is an option one sets somewhere. If so, I can't seem to figure out where.

Any suggestions welcome!

#2 2013-01-22 11:10:46

julien1311
1970-01-01

Re: how to enable manual selection of mobile theme?

If I understand well, your problem is that your phone is not recognized as a mobile device.
Are you using Opera Mobile? There is currently a bug in the detection of mobile devices with Symbian and Opera Mobile.
If not, it is not the behaviour Piwigo is supposed to have. Then, you sould file a bug at http://piwigo.org/bugs/my_view_page.php.

When the bug will be resolved, the default theme will be the mobile theme and you'll have the choice in the footer to use the desktop theme.

#3 2013-01-23 06:15:30

quixote
2008-05-10

Re: how to enable manual selection of mobile theme?

No, the N900 doesn't have a Symbian OS. It's Maemo, which is a flavor of Linux. Also, I'm not using Opera, but the provided Maemo browser. I have Firefox on it, too, so I tried that, but same thing: desktop theme.

Off to see whether I can figure out how to file a bug :D.

•  » Themes
  •  » how to enable manual selection of mobile theme?

Board footer