Announcement

#1 2013-01-23 16:31:06

pp2003
2013-01-23

professional photo archive

Hi Piwigo users,

I would be most grateful of your response
Objectives:
- I would like to use Piwigo  to organize the professional photo archive in the local server of  edition of newspaper with the ability to manage content, and search remotely. This mean a large volume of photos in quantity and size. (But all the pictures in. Jpg)

Questions:

1. Is there such a possibility and are there examples to see?
2. Is there a limit (in software) on the numbers of photos that can be added to the system (The maximum number and volume)? (I need to host more than 100,000 photos gradually)
3. What are the technical requirements for the server that will host the so gallery for the speed search? (except volume)
4. I have archive with IPTC data. Does the Piwigo past and how correctly have already written to IPTC data inside pictures when loading them into the system?
5. Does Piwigo Index  IPTC data and tags (when loading or filling already in the gallery) to speed subsequent search?
6. Does Piwigo (how critical) change search speed using  IPTC data  or  tags with increasing number or the total volume of pictures?

Thank you in advance for your reply

Last edited by pp2003 (2013-01-23 16:35:44)

#2 2013-01-23 19:24:21

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: professional photo archive

Hello
and welcome

pp2003 wrote:

1. Is there such a possibility and are there examples to see?
2. Is there a limit (in software) on the numbers of photos that can be added to the system (The maximum number and volume)? (I need to host more than 100,000 photos gradually)

1.6 million is the record :D
Several media libraries are running under piwigo : you should browse the showcase, maybe there are examples in it

pp2003 wrote:

3. What are the technical requirements for the server that will host the so gallery for the speed search? (except volume)

It depends : in your case I recommend to use Image magik and disable all size except medium.
But a hosting space with MySQL 5 and PHP 5 is all what you need

pp2003 wrote:

4. I have archive with IPTC data. Does the Piwigo past and how correctly have already written to IPTC data inside pictures when loading them into the system?

yes exif and iptc : there is a plugin and local config variables for that

pp2003 wrote:

5. Does Piwigo Index  IPTC data and tags (when loading or filling already in the gallery) to speed subsequent search?
6. Does Piwigo (how critical) change search speed using  IPTC data  or  tags with increasing number or the total volume of pictures?

Piwigo does not search in metadata information but [extension by grum] Advanced Search Engine would suit your need
Honestly the search page is quite old and need a revision : several features pending [Bugtracker] ticket 2563

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2013-01-25 10:39:54

pp2003
2013-01-23

Re: professional photo archive

Thank you very much for your answer!:)
I will try to understand how it all works

Board footer