•  » [Plugin] UserAdvManager (UAM)

#211 2013-01-30 12:47:00

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Re: [Plugin] UserAdvManager (UAM)

mrk wrote:

Unfortunatly theme change also did not help. I have subdomain in same server and I have similar Piwigo install there - it gives me exactly same error.

:-((
Then I have no more ideas to solve the problem. One is sure : UserAdvManager is not guilty but something on you host or Piwigo installation. I'll need more time to investigate if you agree. Thx then to keep my account as admin on your gallery.

#212 2013-01-30 16:01:59

mrk
2013-01-20

mrk wrote:

Eric wrote:

mrk wrote:

Made FTP install, deactivated all plugins but UAM and PWG stuff, switched default lang in Piwigo to english, unfortunatly nothing helps. Same error sill here. Maybe It`s about server PHP version? I had issues before with scripts which were made for other php versions. I have PHP 5.2.17

Minimum php version required is 5.x. It can't be about that.
Please, try with a standard theme, like Elegant. Maybe it helps...

Yeah I noticed that - switched to PHP 5.2.17 with same results. Unfortunatly theme change also did not help. I have subdomain in same server and I have similar Piwigo install there - it gives me exactly same error.

Because there is no real solution to this error I just switched off
switch_lang_to($data['language']);
load_language('plugin.lang', UAM_PATH);
function in functions.inc.php.
Now everything works flawlessly.

#213 2013-01-30 17:18:07

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

dpolites wrote:

As I haven't seen any documentation on the plug-in, is this something that it should do upon install of the Plug-in or is it something I have to manually add?

Are the online help tips not clear enough ? Maybe may I improve them...

On "Confirmation of registration" tooltip, you can see:

This option is generally used with the automatic assignment of group and/or statutes. For example, a user who has not confirmed their registration will be set in a specific group of users (with or without restrictions on the gallery) while a user who confirmed his registration shall be set in a "normal" group.

And in details of "Change the Group/Status/Privacy Level of the users who have been confirmed":

WARNING : Using groups on confirmation requires that you have created at least one users group and is defined "by default" in Piwigo's user groups management.

Finaly, there are 2 "Tips and examples of use". They talk about prerequisite of 2 groups "waiting" and "Confirmed".

So, you've to create 2 user groups. One with restricted access to your albums (for unconfirmed users) and a second with full access (for confirmed users). When done, set these groups in UAM and join all already registered users in the "confirmed" group.

If you still have some problems to set it, send me in PM the link to your gallery and a webmaster account. I'll do it for you. But i'll be a bit busy today and you'ld have to wait a little.

#214 2013-01-30 17:23:24

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

mrk wrote:

Because there is no real solution to this error I just switched off
switch_lang_to($data['language']);
load_language('plugin.lang', UAM_PATH);
function in functions.inc.php.
Now everything works flawlessly.

Well... This solution is a bit extreme and will disappear with the next update of the plugin. It would be interesting to find out exactly what is wrong to fix the problem permanently.

I do not have time to investigate this evening but I can free up some time tomorrow. If you agree.

#215 2013-01-31 21:59:29

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Quick feedback of mrk's problem :
The initial error (undefined function switch_lang_to()) is probably due to the lack of an include in the UAM code to call the functions_mail.inc.php file. However, this does not explain why the problem can not be reproduced on other galleries with the same general settings...

In addition, the quick fix in UAM code resulted in a new error message that appears in the same conditions as the first (after clicking on a link validation registration by the visitor):

Notice: Undefined variable: conf in /data05/virt16642/domeenid/website/htdocs/album/include/functions_mail.inc.php on line 815
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data05/virt16642/domeenid/website/htdocs/album/include/functions_mail.inc.php:815) in /data05/virt16642/domeenidwebsite/htdocs/album/include/page_header.php on line 105

This has no sense! The "conf" offending is related to a mail debuging option ($conf['debug_mail']) that is set to false in config_default.inc.php and not set in config.inc.php.

Many test done : Using standard theme, disabled all other plugins,... But no success.

On my mind, the mrk's issue lays on Piwigo's core files corruption and/or bad installation process. I can't investigate further. If someone else has any idea...

#216 2013-01-31 22:30:57

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

dpolites wrote:

As I haven't seen any documentation on the plug-in, is this something that it should do upon install of the Plug-in or is it something I have to manually add?

dpolites has found himself the appropriate use of user groups in UAM ;-)
But encounter some difficulties to manually confirm pending registrations in "Tracking confirmation" tab. Here is my feedback about this second issue (copy of PM reply) :

I've done some test on your gallery and all works fine :
1/ User creation by an admin (in admin panel > Users > Management) -> User received the information email, is correctly set in the "Unverified" group, the confirmation email is sent and received when I validate him manually in UAM panel and he his correctly set in the "Verified" group. Tested user connection attempt before and after admin's validation, all is OK.

2/ User registration as a visitor -> User received the information email, he is correctly set in "Unverified" group and can not connect the gallery until admin's validation. I, as an admin, did the manual validation in UAM panel and all works fine again like at first test.

Note : To manually validate a registation in the tracling confirmation tab, you have to select (checkbox) the user(s) to perform before clicking the manual confirmation button. Or use target = all.

If you still have issues to using the manual confirmation button, maybe is your browser in fault ? I've tested with Firefox18 and IE9 without any problem.

#217 2013-01-31 23:14:17

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

In fact, it seems there is still a bug reported by dpolites: When a user account is manually added by an admin and registration confirmation is correctly set with 2 user groups or statutes (validated or unvalidated users), the added user is not automatically set in the unvalidated users group/statutes.

This bug does not block admins to manually validate these users in UAM's tracking confirmation tab but they can access the gallery without restrictions even if the registration are not validated.

[Bugtracker] ticket 2829 will be fixed in next UAM version.

Last edited by Eric (2013-01-31 23:14:29)

#218 2013-02-01 18:03:38

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Eric wrote:

On my mind, the mrk's issue lays on Piwigo's core files corruption and/or bad installation process. I can't investigate further. If someone else has any idea...

Discussed in PM with mrk : The issue may come from the version of PHP. mrk's gallery is using PHP 5.4.x while I'm using 5.3.x. I've to add a PHP 5.4 support on my Wampserver to perform some test.

#219 2013-02-03 14:23:43

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

I added Php 5.4.11 for my Wampserver and installed a new 2.4.6 test gallery. Added some plugins with UAM and all works fine.

I tested UAM's registration validation (from admin and user) and I was unable to reproduce "undefined function switch_lang_to()" error. All worked fine.

This time, I have absolutely no any idea to deal with this problem...

#220 2014-01-23 20:28:36

mrk
2013-01-20

Eric wrote:

I added Php 5.4.11 for my Wampserver and installed a new 2.4.6 test gallery. Added some plugins with UAM and all works fine.

I tested UAM's registration validation (from admin and user) and I was unable to reproduce "undefined function switch_lang_to()" error. All worked fine.

This time, I have absolutely no any idea to deal with this problem...

Just for information, after some version updates for Piwigo core and plugins error fixed itself. Were the bug exactly was is unknown.

#221 2014-01-24 12:55:47

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Hi and thks for your feedback.

I'm working on the next UAM version for Piwigo 2.6. Some wrong codes in email sending workflow have been detected and fixed.

I planed to publish this week-end (if all goes at it does ^^).

#222 2014-05-19 19:19:37

truck0321
2012-12-29

Any update on this?

#223 2014-05-20 17:20:48

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Hi,

truck0321 wrote:

Any update on this?

Did you took a look to the extension manager? You'll find there UAM is fully Piwigo 2.6 compatible for months ago.

Do you have any issues?

#224 2014-05-21 00:14:15

truck0321
2012-12-29

My bad,  looks good. 

I was wondering if the registration email sent out by Piwigo could be disabled?  When I add a user they get sent a default registration email and then UAM fires off another right behind it.  It's a little confusing and I just wanted one email sent out. 

I have another post open about customizing the default registration email but since UAM has a lot of customization built in,  I'd rather just use that. 

Thanks!

#225 2014-05-21 17:24:23

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

truck0321 wrote:

I was wondering if the registration email sent out by Piwigo could be disabled?

In Piwigo 2.6, the default registration email is sent only if you check the option "Send connection settings by email". Is that what you mean about registration email?

•  » Extensions
  •  » [Plugin] UserAdvManager (UAM)

Board footer