•  » Requests
  •  » [REQUEST] Responsive Template for Mobile Device

#1 2013-02-13 15:08:45

pradit
Translation Team
Bangkok, Thailand
2011-10-05

[REQUEST] Responsive Template for Mobile Device

[REQUEST] Responsive for Smart Pocket and other template (with HTML5, CSS3, Twitter Bootstrap)

#2 2013-02-13 16:17:08

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: [REQUEST] Responsive Template for Mobile Device

Hello? Please? Thanks? Subject+Verbs?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2013-02-13 16:51:54

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

and complete description?

#4 2013-02-14 01:55:46

pradit
Translation Team
Bangkok, Thailand
2011-10-05

I'm apologize, if grammatically incorrect.

I just proposed to develop a better theme.
Which I don't know about these things.

Thanks for feedback.

Last edited by pradit (2013-02-14 01:57:49)

#5 2013-02-14 10:00:31

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

You mean better designed on better coded ?

'cause you quote technologies but for example I don't think we really need new HTML5 tags, and additionally Twitter Bootstrap seams good to begin software from scratch, but we already have a powerfull template/cache system in Piwigo

about design, well, I don't use Piwigo on a Mobile so I can't say... what do you would like to change ?

#6 2013-02-14 12:58:17

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Welcome back,:-)
Indeed the current mobile is limited since It redirect /doesn't display picture.php and additional pages... because of the js script. That script is great for swiping but induces that previously explained issue.
So yes we should change something there
With mistic we talked about a way to better implement theme for desktop / mobile/mail

"Simple" theme was made from a bootstrap and is reponsive
Since the creation of Smartpocket I keep saying that but really we need to improve that theme. So It should happen  one day.

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#7 2013-02-14 15:28:23

pradit
Translation Team
Bangkok, Thailand
2011-10-05

Thanks Mistic100 and Flop25 for feedback.
Now it is just a small step. But one day you have to do it exactly. ;)
[@_@]

#8 2013-02-14 23:55:14

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

flop25 wrote:

Since the creation of Smartpocket I keep saying that but really we need to improve that theme. So It should happen  one day.

SmartPocket is the first mobile theme for Piwigo, and I think that the first version is already a great version. It "does the job".

Yes it can be improved, and I'm sure it will. For example, a better design for tablets (I have so many user feedbacks on iPad that I recently got one) or a better handle of picture.php (which is simply unknown on SmartPocket)

Maybe it would be good to simply list the improvements we think about on SmartPocket (or any other mobile theme)

#9 2013-02-15 12:53:16

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

plg wrote:

flop25 wrote:

SmartPocket is the first mobile theme for Piwigo, and I think that the first version is already a great version. It "does the job".

Yes absolutely

Let's talk about it : [Forum, post 140058 by flop25 in topic 21445] Smarpocket (mobile theme) improvements

#10 2014-03-11 12:58:53

Petri

I agree the way Pradit asks for a mobile theme was a little rough, but I can't agree more than him.

I have been a Gallery user for now 10 years and am looking for a new media CMS because they did not realize that technology is evolving and so are the people using it.

Mobile technology is not the future, it already started yesterday. Maybe Mistic100 is not using piwigo from a mobile but more and more other people do, they actually spend more time watching picture site on a mobile device than on a PC which tends to be at work.

Piwigo is great and offers great potential but please don't miss the mobile train or it'll be obsolete very soon.

Correct me if I am wrong but SimpleNG was the only real responsive theme right ? Now it's not even compatible with 2.6.1. We should have many more themes that are fully responsive…. and I am not talking about a theme switcher but one design working with all kinds of screens…

I am sorry I cannot help you develop this, I am not a dev at all,  I can only help to test and I know you guys are spending a lot of time on Piwigo and maybe have another job and family etc… but if you want Piwigo to last… GO MOBILE…. all the way !

#11 2014-03-11 13:01:55

rvelices
Former Piwigo Team
2005-12-29

modus is also responsive.

•  » Requests
  •  » [REQUEST] Responsive Template for Mobile Device

Board footer