Announcement

#1 2013-02-24 21:30:17

quixote
2008-05-10

[resolved] now I'm really in trouble: lost connection to server (aarrgh!)

I chmod all directories to rwx-r-xr-x (755) and all files to rw-r--r-- (644). (Long story why I needed to do that.) Anyway, next time I access my photo site I get: 500 Internal Server error.

A file must need execute privileges, or a dir that needs 777??

Could a kind soul give me a list, or point me to a list  that shows which files and/or directories in piwigo need the looser permissions?

Pleeease?

I'm in a bit of a panic here, and would really appreciate a clear, step-by-step answer. Nothing changed between having a functional site and the 500 server error except the permission changes.

I'm using 2.4.7.  local/config/database.inc.php has the correct data.   local/config/config.inc.php also has the correct data although it doesn't seem to have anything relevant to this problem.

In the tools dir, key2value.php, pwg_rel_create.sh, and replace.php I changed back to 755 permissions. In the original unpacked dirs on my computer, those three were the only ones I could find with 755 permissions.

But there have to be more because I'm still getting the 500 error. Help!

Last edited by quixote (2013-02-24 23:06:57)

#2 2013-02-24 21:45:56

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: [resolved] now I'm really in trouble: lost connection to server (aarrgh!)

Hello
An error 500 is not due the connection to the database not established, but due to the server issues.
Do you have PHP scripts others than Piwigo? If yes do they work? If no, could you create a .php  file with notepad like that

Code:

<?php

phpinfo();
?>

Send It through ftp, and test It online

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2013-02-24 22:01:52

quixote
2008-05-10

Thanks for your super-quick response. I tried some of my other sites -- not photo -- and they gave me a 500 error too. Also when I try to run phpinfo! 

A put in a support request to my host. Whatever is wrong, it's not piwigo.

#4 2013-02-24 23:06:01

quixote
2008-05-10

The problem turned out to be that my cgi-bin directory with scripts to run php for my particular situation on the server had become read-only. They needed to be executable, of course.

So, one problem solved. Whew. (I have to get myself one of those towels with DON'T PANIC on it.)

#5 2013-02-25 11:13:03

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

:-D
Okay
so have a good day, and maybe see you soon ;)

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer