Announcement

#1 2013-04-24 16:06:32

trybefore
2013-04-24

Install Piwigo on top of an existing photo directory structure

I searched for all the terms I could think of but could not find this question so apologies if I looked for the incorrect terminology and I am not a programmer.

I have a photo collection on a local server which is currently 80GB and will probably double or treble in size and even more once I start to add old film converted to digital. It is a private family history website. Rather than “uploading” and doubling the space requirements I would like to install Piwigo on “top of the root photo directory” and have it find all the photos and the IPTC data. Is this possible or do I have to “bite the bullet” and “upload”?

I already have a test installation running under WAMP and have installed some plugins and uploaded demo photos. I like the ability to show the IPTC data very much. I am a long time user of Joomla but non of the Joomla photo extensions have anything like the capability of Piwigo to show IPTC and EXIF data.

Is it possible to place the IPTC data at the side of the photos rather than below?

#2 2013-04-24 16:47:54

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Install Piwigo on top of an existing photo directory structure

Hello
if you have a test gallery, you should try the FTP+synchro method, and also check the badly-named "distant site" page

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2013-04-24 17:31:11

trybefore
2013-04-24

Re: Install Piwigo on top of an existing photo directory structure

Thanks, fantastic, exactly what I wanted! :)

Board footer