Announcement

#1 2013-05-21 15:22:24

CanaGuy
2011-06-13

Website Security - Hackers killed my galleries

I procured a website/domain from a web-host provider to share photos amongst my family and relatives.  The only feature of my site was Piwigo (2.4), there was nothing else.  Access to all galleries was by password only.

Hackers (from Austria, apparently) got in and destroyed everything to such an extent that I had to have the host provider reset the website to "zero".  I lost everything, with the exception of a gallery "mirror" backup on my home machine.  I have since re-initialized the website and installed P2.5.1.  So far, so good....works great!

However.  My host-provider said the site crash was due to security holes in Piwigo.  Essentially, I don't know what I did that enabled the hackers entry to destroy my site.

MY REQUEST:

You need a separate section about Gallery Security on your main website pages....with tips, protection software suggestions, advanced Piwigo settings, general prevention against hackers, etc. 

By the way, do you have any suggestions for me to better protect my galleries?

Thanks for great software.....even though it was severely hacked, I'm giving it another try because it's the best around IMHO.

#2 2013-05-21 15:29:17

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: Website Security - Hackers killed my galleries

I close this duplicate topic !

Board footer