Announcement

#1 2013-05-30 22:24:10

faqvideo
2012-01-21

Multiple Size Theme?

Hello,

Can anyone suggest a theme that supports the choice multiple size by the users? I am using Stripped&Columns. I like it very much otherwise, but it does not seem to support multiple size.

Any advice please?

#2 2013-05-30 22:27:15

pewe
2012-03-16

Re: Multiple Size Theme?

The standard 'Elegant' does, as do many others in the Themes repository.

Install some and try them as only you will know what you like.

#3 2013-05-30 22:31:42

faqvideo
2012-01-21

Thank you pewe.

#4 2013-05-31 11:05:13

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Just a remark about that feature -It's not just because I'm the author of S&C ;), but that something I noticed-. The first impression is every important, and only returning visitors will discover the icons and their meaning, because the visitor will first use the button he recognize like Next/previous, the Menu, arrows, etc to go thought your gallery

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#5 2013-05-31 12:32:32

pewe
2012-03-16

I agree with Flop that visitors take the easy route when visiting sites for the first time, and will use the familiar options.

That is why (in an effort to educate them) I use the Additional Pages Plugin to create and display a landing home page which describes how to navigate the Gallery - but even with that not all visitors will read it.

#6 2013-05-31 16:13:38

faqvideo
2012-01-21

flop25 wrote:

Just a remark about that feature -It's not just because I'm the author of S&C ;), but that something I noticed-. The first impression is every important, and only returning visitors will discover the icons and their meaning, because the visitor will first use the button he recognize like Next/previous, the Menu, arrows, etc to go thought your gallery

This is exactly what had happened. One of my registered users wanted to see my aircraft photos (http://tinyurl.com/planephotos) in higher than default resolution. Since I can see all possible resolutions, it did not occurred to me that after I switched to S&C the users are limited to 800 px across.

So this would be my feedback to the author of the S&B theme. The design is outstanding when it comes to albums. I wish the users had options in terms of resolution choice when it comes to the image page, including FULL SCREEN viewing mode.

A little bit on a side - don't beat me up, Pierrick - how do you feel about Flickr rejuvenation? I liked Piwigo for everything Flickr could not offer. Now they have seriously changed the playing field. I am not sure for how long though?

Have a good day all!

#7 2013-05-31 16:20:35

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

About S&C: you should have a look at the settings of Stripped about the picture page

Flickr? Seriously? What did they change? Hmm nothing! You still doesn't have the full control on your data, so no way! How to build something serious when everything relies on someone else, soemone you can't contact directly and have a kind of control? With Piwigo or another gallery self hosted you do what you want! And honestly it's quite easy to set up and customize

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#8 2013-05-31 16:30:44

faqvideo
2012-01-21

flop25 wrote:

About S&C: you should have a look at the settings of Stripped about the picture page

Flickr? Seriously? What did they change? Hmm nothing! You still doesn't have the full control on your data, so no way! How to build something serious when everything relies on someone else, soemone you can't contact directly and have a kind of control? With Piwigo or another gallery self hosted you do what you want! And honestly it's quite easy to set up and customize

Hey - I did not say the F. is better. But it has gotten better. One can't deny that. I do appreciate self-hosting option though.

Just looked at the Stripped settings. This makes sense! Thanks so much! Yes - very much!

I am sorry for mixing topics - wondering if anybody experience magenta cast on the image page? I am using Windows XP/Chrome browser. Occasionally, although more and more often the picture looks revolting with some magenta cast over it. It usually disappears after I hit F5 to reload the page. What is it?

#9 2013-05-31 16:35:26

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

^^ What Piwigo should learn from Fk and others is the ergonomy on public and admin side

could you make a screenshoot or... because I don't understand what you mean.. In an other thread plz :)

#10 2013-05-31 16:55:07

faqvideo
2012-01-21

OK - it needed resizing. Here we go again. Magenta cast on the left. No cast on the right.

#11 2013-05-31 17:23:00

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

I said in an other thread
And you can edit your post ;)

#12 2013-05-31 17:25:34

faqvideo
2012-01-21

That's right. I have deleted all the redundant ones. Have you explained the cast problem in other post? What would be the key word? I will search.

#13 2013-05-31 17:27:36

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

flop25 wrote:

I said in an other thread

that was more like "open a new thread plz!" ^^

#14 2013-05-31 17:29:44

faqvideo
2012-01-21

I see. Opening new thread.

Board footer