Announcement

#1 2013-06-03 17:46:46

faq
2013-06-03

image manipulation

Hello,

I have setup my gallery using FTP method, I setup directory structure, uploaded my images and sync.
all ok and my gallery is up and running.
afterwards I needed to move many images from one category to other and other to one.

the problem here is
I have 1000+ image in multiple categories, image names are almost identical (image0001, image0002 etc)

when I moved images from the admin panel (transfer from one to other album) it worked but physical files did not move.

since there are many files in directories, it is difficult for me to manually shift files one by one.

is there any way that could transfer the physical files also to related album when i do from backend?

thanks

#2 2013-06-03 18:56:17

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: image manipulation

Hi
No :/
You have two way of thinking:
-Ftp: you move, copy, duplicate etc the files/folders then synch
-web upload: you upload then move, copy, duplicate the albums (and not the files/folders)

In Piwigo 3 maybe these two will merged in a global better way of managing physical and virtual things

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2013-06-03 19:06:40

faq
2013-06-03

flop25 wrote:

Hi
No :/
You have two way of thinking:
-Ftp: you move, copy, duplicate etc the files/folders then synch
-web upload: you upload then move, copy, duplicate the albums (and not the files/folders)

In Piwigo 3 maybe these two will merged in a global better way of managing physical and virtual things

Thank you Flop. ok I am ready to take the pain :/. now I have another question, I added few albums/images thru web upload. Now the upload folder shows the directories on date based. is there any way to sort the upload album (i folder) on album name basis.

secondly, when around v3 is expected?

thanks again
FAQ

#4 2013-06-03 19:51:45

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

I don't get it
Did you try the "apply automatic sort order"?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#5 2013-06-03 20:28:34

pewe
2012-03-16

faq

As far as I am aware you cannot alter the structure of the 'upload' folder or the way that Piwigo uses the date of upload to create the directories in Upload.
Maybe this could be done using a plugin - although I doubt it.

(NOTE for flop - FAQ is asking about changing the physical content of the upload and -data/i/upload folders to store the images by album name on the server - he did not mean change the way they are displayed in Piwigo.)

I'm not sure that it could be a feature of V3 as it would need to be backward compatible with previous versions - but I am not a coder so I may be wrong.

On the question of moving the images to different physical album directories and the problem of the names, why not just rename all the images in each directory to have a prefix or suffix of the album name (ie same as the directory name).
This could be done using a script to change all the names contained i one directory. Then you move them to different directories more easily (as none of the names will be the same), and finally resync.

I may have a script to assist with the renaming of the contents of a directory if it will help.

Last edited by pewe (2013-06-03 21:50:02)

#6 2013-06-03 20:32:12

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Thx Pewe :)
You're undoubtedly a great and precious contributor

#7 2013-06-03 20:40:46

faq
2013-06-03

Thank you Pewe for explaining me.
yes this is what I meant Flope.
I will definitely look in to the name changing option.
meanwhile if V3 is expected in near future, I will wait till then.

BR/FAQ

#8 2013-06-03 20:42:25

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

"near futur" Hmm not really
My sentence was more a wish. Sry to have troubled you. I was not very clear

Board footer