Announcement

#1 2013-06-29 17:26:37

IGraham
UK
2011-09-28

Unconfirmed registration - restrict use

Hello

To restrict a new user awaiting confirmation by a Admin from being able to upload or make comment I do what ?

Its been a while since I set my gallery up and since then I've added plugins and plugins have been updated.
I decided I wanted to restrict newly registered but not confirmed (by Admin) registered users from being able to upload photos and make comments.
I have installed  plugins 'Community', 'ICY', 'UserAdvManager' and I'm struggling to understand which one of these I should be looking at

A hand holding walk through this would be nice

#2 2013-06-30 22:40:53

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Re: Unconfirmed registration - restrict use

Hi,

I think it could be possible with UserAdvManager and validated users group. In Community, you can set only this group to be allowed to upload pics.

Sorry, no time right now to give you a complete walkthrough but I'll try in the incoming days.

#3 2013-07-01 14:17:12

IGraham
UK
2011-09-28

Hi
Would be nice if you could look in to this for me Eric

This hasn't been an issue until a few days ago when some one not known to us created an account, which got me thinking about what what that person could actually do - to day he started to make spam comments.
I as a test I logged out created a account, that should have (i thought) had to be ok'd by the site admin and though the to admin email arrived I as test user could upload images, and apparently make comment.
Would be good if a un-ok'd user couldn't do either of those things - would also be good if a user could be moved to 'blocked' with ease.

but anything you can suggest will be appreciated.

#4 2013-07-01 18:23:48

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

I'm not sure to understand well your request. So I'll try to diagram the principle that you describe with some additional questions:

First about your gallery configuraion:
    -> Is UAM plugin activated and set to ask a registration confirmation ?
    -> Did you set at least 2 users groups, One for unvalidated registrations and another for validated registrations ?
    -> About your comments configuration, did you activate "Comments for all" in Configuration > Options | Comments ? What is your comments config (Validation, Username mandatory, Email address mandatory,...) ?

Here is my configuration suggestion for your case:
    -> 2 users groups: "Registration confirmed" and "Registration not confirmed"
    -> UAM minimal settings:
         -  "Enable - Confirmation by user"
         - Optionnaly customized emails contents
         - "Reject user's connexion until registration is confirmed" enabled - Optionnaly customize the rejection text
         - In "Change the Group/Status/Privacy Level of the users who have been confirmed", set "Group for users who have not confirmed their registration" = "Registration not confirmed" and "Group for users who have confirmed their registration" = "Registration confirmed"
    -> Use [extension by mistic100] Crypto Captcha to avoid robots registrations and comments
    -> Configuration > Options | Comments settings:
         - Activate comments enabled
         - Comments for all disabled
         - Validation enabled
         - Username is mandatory enabled
         - Email address is mandatory enabled
         - Allow users to edit their own comments disabled
         - Allow users to delete their own comments disabled
         - Notify administrators when a comment is pending validation and comment is added
    -> Use [extension by Eric] Comments Access Manager:
         - Enable "Allow comments to a group of users" and set "Registration confirmed" in "Select the group of users allowed to post comments"
         - Disable "Allow comments without validation by an administrator"
    -> Configure Community plugin
         - Add a permission for a group and set it to "Registration confirmed"
         - Where = A dedicated album you choose (you can also set for the whole gallery but I think it's not a good idea)
         - Set "low trust" level

Behavior when a user (called "X") registers your gallery with the above settings suggestion:
1/ We can assume X registers as a human and not a robot because he passed the Captcha security
2/ X will receive an email to validate is registration
3/ Until the registration is not validated, X can't post any comment and upload pics
4/ When X validates his registration, he will be able to post comments and upload pics but they will be viewable online only after an admin validation

UAM extra settings: You can change "Confirmation by user" to "Confirmation by admin". So all new user can't do anything until you allow him.

Does it match your issues?

Last edited by Eric (2013-07-01 18:24:12)

#5 2013-07-02 11:49:36

IGraham
UK
2011-09-28

Hello Eric

Thanks for the excellent and detailed reply

I've gone through what you suggested and it works as wanted and well

I didn't have the Comments Access Manager installed and some of the plugins had to have details re-set as the Plugin had changed/evolved.

Hopefully that's nipped in the bud mischievous users and spam

Again thanks for the detailed reply

Board footer