Announcement

#1 2013-07-08 00:03:04

sbhasker
2013-07-07

New to Piwigo - Thumbnail navigation on picture page (showcase site)

I'm new to Piwigo and web galleries. I know just a small bit about php. Yesterday I installed Piwigo, using the Bluehost Simple scripts (through mojomarketplace). I have not plugins activated. I have just one album and 3 pictures on the site.

From what I've seen I love 99% of Piwigo, thank you developers! but I would like to have thumbnail navigation as seen in one of the sites you list under the Showcase tab. The link to the picture page is below.

http://www.behrads.com/index.php?/category/27#/0

I like having the filmstrip list of photos in the album underneath the selected "big" picture. I looked in the Piwigo admin area and didn't find a way to configure this. I looked at extensions and found the stripped-galleria theme (which requires stripped theme I believe). I installed both these themes and made the stripped-galleria theme the default - the albums are listed on the home page, but when I click on the one test album I've created (which has 3 pictures in it) I get a page which has breadcrumbs in the upper left, but NO pictures listed. The other themes I tried, did list my pictures and worked fine, but they don't have the filmstrip navigation I'm looking for.

So first 2 questions, 1) any idea why the stripped-galleria theme didn't work and 2) I like other themes  more than what I have seen from stripped. Is there a plugin that does the the thumbnail navigation on the picture page. That would be awesome because then perhaps I could use it in any theme :-) Too much to ask I'm sure.

If I wanted to alter an existing theme to add the filmstrip thumbnail navigation, what files would I need to change? Any help with this would be SO appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Board footer