Announcement

#1 2012-08-23 00:07:07

tplowe56
2012-08-20

Manual order - custom order

Is there any way to select more than 1 image when doing a manual reorder. It would be advantageous if you could select a group of (say 10-15-20 images) and move them as a group.

I need to manually reorder thousands of photos. Trying to figure a system. These photos are already manually ordered in another gallery system, that is not compatible.

Also wondering if I could write the current sequence to an IPTC (meta data) field and then set Piwigo to order by that.

Gotta be a way to do this.

Last edited by tplowe56 (2012-08-24 11:37:11)

#2 2012-08-23 23:25:28

tplowe56
2012-08-20

Re: Manual order - custom order

Can I create a custom order in the config file that sets the order using a non standard field?

Modifying the code below.

Code:

// +-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
// |                                 misc                                  |
// +-----------------------------------------------------------------------+

// order_by_custom and order_by_inside_category_custom : for non common pattern
// you can define special ORDER configuration
//
// $conf['order_by_custom'] = ' ORDER BY date_available DESC, file ASC, id ASC';

// order_by_inside_category : inside a category, images can also be ordered
// by rank. A manually defined rank on each image for the category.
//
// $conf['order_by_inside_category_custom'] = $conf['order_by_custom'];

#3 2012-08-23 23:35:57

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

tplowe56 wrote:

Is there any way to select more than 1 image when doing a manual reorder. It would be advantageous if you could select a group of (say 10-15-20 images) and move them as a group

This is planned but not possible yet

Can I create a custom order in the config file that sets the order using a non standard field?

I think you can, I say try it, but some SQL errors can occur with some plugins

#4 2012-08-24 02:49:26

tplowe56
2012-08-20

I'm running out of options.

I have around 10,000 photos, in a good folder structure , but within the folders they are sorted manually by another program. That program keeps the sort order in it's own proprietary database (which can be exported as a text file). This is an older generation gallery which does not uses SQL, it's HTML based.

How can I transfer the sort order to Piwigo. I could rename a every file adding the sort order to the beginning of the origional file name, but I wouldn't want that to show in the final gallery in Piwigo.

Manually sorting them 1 x 1 is a monumental task.

They are sequence within groups having distinct file names, but the sequence  number is at the end of the file name.

Current Program: http://www.digitaldutch.com/arles/

Last edited by tplowe56 (2012-08-24 02:50:51)

#5 2012-08-24 10:06:58

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

you can certainly write a little program which fills Piwigo database (a custom field piwigo_images.arles_order or a little more complicated the core field piwigo_image_category.rank)
from the datas of your text file

#6 2012-08-24 11:36:11

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

You might try to rename in order to put that number sequence at the start and not the end, then you use the order by filename

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#7 2012-08-24 17:39:05

tplowe56
2012-08-20

flop25 wrote:

You might try to rename in order to put that number sequence at the start and not the end, then you use the order by filename

I could copy the current file name to the IPTC description field, then rename all photos with a sequence at beginning of the file name so I could order by file name. Can I then program Piwigo to show the IPTC description field as the Photo Name?

I also can copy the current sort order to an IPTC field, and then set Piwigo to sort by that IPTC field. That sound easiest. If I can figure out how to set code in Piwigo. I am not experienced at writing PHP code.

#8 2013-07-30 16:52:34

Vivovivax

tplowe56 wrote:

Is there any way to select more than 1 image when doing a manual reorder. It would be advantageous if you could select a group of (say 10-15-20 images) and move them as a group.

I need to manually reorder thousands of photos. Trying to figure a system. These photos are already manually ordered in another gallery system, that is not compatible.

Also wondering if I could write the current sequence to an IPTC (meta data) field and then set Piwigo to order by that.

Gotta be a way to do this.

To select more than Image will be Great !
This would compliment that
Very nice App.

Board footer