Announcement

#1 2013-08-10 16:23:28

Ann
NC, USA
2013-08-10

AddInfo search?

I like the idea of adding information to my pictures using the AddInfo plugin, but it does not appear that the added information is searchable.

Would it be possible to include it in the Quick Search? Also, it would be awesome if the search page would allow to filter for it, but just having it in Quick Search would already help greatly.

Last edited by mistic100 (2013-08-10 16:35:30)

#2 2013-08-10 16:34:54

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: AddInfo search?

a user just wrote a way to search through EvilKant Blog, could be addapted for AddInfo
http://piwigo.org/doc/doku.php?id=dev:e … age_search

ps: I remove your part about language files : only one problem by thread and don't need to write it twice

#3 2013-08-10 16:59:05

Ann
NC, USA
2013-08-10

Thanks for your quick replies! That sounds promising, however I have minimal experience with HTML and no experience with PHP, so I'm not sure how to adapt it. I'll have to take a look and see if I can make sense out of it. Would anyone be willing to help?

#4 2013-08-15 04:12:15

Ann
NC, USA
2013-08-10

Hi again,

I'm trying to recreate the blog search according to the instructions in the link for testing before trying to modify it. I got the input form - that was easy. I have a few questions on the results.php file:

In the file, where is says:

Code:

<?php
$sconnetcion = mysql_connect("hostname",
"username","password");
mysql_select_db("databasename")
or die ("Die Datenbank existiert nicht.");

1) I assume there is a typo and it should say $sconnection instead of $sconnetcion?

2) This probably sounds very clueless, but what do I put into "hostname", "username" and "password"? Is this for my domain hosting account, e.g. how I log into the control panel for my domain? Or is it the folder for my Piwigo installation and admin name and password? Or is it something like "localhost" or the IP address for the server?

Also, would it be possible to encrypt the password? I can imagine that it would be a security issue to have it in plain text in a file on the internet.

3) The "databasename" would be the database for my Piwigo installation?

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

(One last comment: Since the file has been translated to English, the sentence "Die Datenbank existiert nicht." should probably be replaced by: "The database does not exist." to make it match the language.)

#5 2013-08-15 08:46:11

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

1) yes

2) it's the same data you entered for "database configuration" when you installed Piwigo, see local/config/database.inc.php

no the password can't be encrypted, if your FTP access is secure there is ne way to access the info

3) see above

#6 2013-08-15 13:18:25

Ann
NC, USA
2013-08-10

Hi mistic100, thank you for the quick answers and the pointer to local/config/database.inc.php! I used the "one-click install" method offered in CPanel on my account (Bluehost) to install Piwigo via Simple Scripts/Mojo Marketplace, and it created the database automatically. I was not prompted to enter or configure anything during installation except for the folder, user name and password for Piwigo. While I found the database and user name it created in CPanel, I couldn't find a way to retrieve the password. Thanks to your help I found the information!

Board footer