Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Documentation: please clear differentiation between software versions.

#1 2013-08-19 18:04:23

GOPIWI
2013-08-19

Documentation: please clear differentiation between software versions.

Hi,

I see no clear concept of how the documentation should work long term for several software versions - as there is not an unbearable amount of docs available right know, I think it is still not too late to jump over to some better software documentation tools that are better suited than a simple dokuwiki. I would like to recommend using http://sphinx-doc.org/ - very helpful!

Of course, with some planning, the concepts of a typical sphinx generated docs could be applied to dokuwiki, but why reinventing wheels if the best tools available are already here?

Here is a very good example of a project documentation:
http://docs.pylonsproject.org/en/latest … ramid.html

Also very helpful: https://readthedocs.org/

Thanks,
John

#2 2013-08-19 18:14:52

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: Documentation: please clear differentiation between software versions.

You request many things that require a unbearable amount of time
do you want to participate ? if so we will be very happy to provide you means to improve the doc ar any other stuff you want

#3 2013-08-19 20:12:52

GOPIWI
2013-08-19

Hi,

well, there is an invitation to post requests on this website, so I just do it. Also it is interesting to read the reactions - a good way to learn more about the project and the people behind it and their experience / background and their interest in moving forward.

Right now I am not sure if I will stay - some things I like very much in piwigo, so I will keep playing with it for some time. 

If the company behind piwigo.com is interested in improving their open source product, I am sure they will easily find interested developers, if the offered technologies to work with are not a step-back for the interested person.

Thanks for your attention,
John

#4 2013-08-19 20:23:56

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Actually piwigo.com is one person company and is absolutely not responsible of the project

you said it's interesting to read the reactions but you don't say your conclusion, not really usefull
As I keep reapeating, we are very few developpers, we don't want to spend our life on Piwigo, so all "side-stuff" is not really developped, because we prefer to work on the software itself and the forum

Can I ask you why you don't stop repeating you don't know if you will continue using Piwigo ? as volunteers on a Open-Source project we (at least I) don't really care about it (that's doesn't mean we reject suggestions)

•  » Requests
  •  » Documentation: please clear differentiation between software versions.

Board footer