Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Tags typing/coping improvements

#1 2013-08-26 20:47:34

mjen

Tags typing/coping improvements

Hi there,
I'm tagging a large collection of pictures, I'd love to use a copy/paste whole pictures' tags from one picture to another.

Also I'm typing the tags one by one like: type "wall", wait until the "wall" tag will appear and then click on it to choose and again type another tag. It could be nice to write all tags separated with ; at once like: wall;paint;green;plants;house;river;europe and then wait to chceck what tags will be new and witch are already created. That could improve my tag typing :)

Thanks!

#2 2013-08-26 20:58:32

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: Tags typing/coping improvements

Hello

I don't know what's is your workflow but for large photo sets it's always better to tag before upload

additionally what you want is already possible : use commas and not semicolons, the Javascript plugin will automatically select the corresponding tag if existing or create a new one, before submit you can check you didn't make a typo

#3 2013-08-26 21:26:17

mjen

Good news :) Right now I'm uploading a pack of images without any tags (no idea how to do it) and then I'm tagging images one by one. Each is different so there's no perfect method to use one scheme for all images.

Semicolon sounds great but I see it's not working for me. I've typed "glade,hills" or "glade, hills" and the script wrote "glade,hills (new)" (glade and hills tags are already created) so it isn't detecting what I wanted to do (set both glade and hills tag).

#4 2013-08-26 21:40:19

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

don't know what to say, if I type "red,blue,green,orange"
I get 4 tags "red" "blue" "green (new)" "orange"

there are bunch of softwares to tag photos (IPTC fields), Lightroom, Picasa, Xnview, and many more

#5 2013-08-26 21:45:40

mjen

I don't use any of the software you mentioned :( Too bad there's no such functionality in Piwigo.

Here's a link to screenshot I've made when typing in Tags window:
http://i.imgur.com/69itF9S.jpg

#6 2013-08-26 21:56:48

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

oh you use User Tags plugin

when you said you had many photos I though you use the Batch Manager

anyway this plugin is not designed to do administration tasks, use the admin page of the picture or the Batch Manager, you will be able to to it

well you can start to use them :) Picasa and XnView are free

#7 2013-08-27 00:26:20

mjen

Good to know ;) OK, I'll pick Picasa :) Thanks! :)

#8 2013-08-27 00:31:10

mjen

One more thing. Not this topic related:
I miss "next" and "previous" buttons on "admin.php?page=photo-<number>" page where I can set up tags. I need to quickly jump to another album photo but right now I need to have 2 tabs opened.

Again, thank you very much for help! :)

#9 2013-08-27 12:04:53

mjen

Another thing :) Is there's a possibility to add the semicolon suport for "picture.php?/X/category/X" page? It's ultra useful for me, please ;)

#10 2013-08-27 12:08:09

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

you should contact the author of the plugin

•  » Requests
  •  » Tags typing/coping improvements

Board footer