#31 2013-09-14 12:14:11

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Re: [Plugin] Register_FluxBB

Hi,

ViPeR_930 wrote:

I didn't install with table prefix for fluxbb. Is that the issue?

Do you mean you have installed FluxBB without a table prefix in your database ? I didn't expect it could be possible... :-/
By default, FluxBB's installation steps automatically set a default table prefix (FluxBB_ if I remember). Why did you remove it ?

Anyway, in that case, this can be the reason of your issue. But I don't have a quick fix right now and I'm in pain with my PC (SSD failure :-( )

If you know how to change your FluxBB tables by adding a prefix and make your forum work without installing it again, you could fix your issue before I'll be able to find a solution.

#32 2013-09-14 21:50:16

ViPeR_930
2012-09-09

Hi Eric,
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try adding the table prefix for fluxbb tables. I think it was empty by default but I may be wrong. I'll report back later tonight.

#33 2013-09-15 04:31:13

ViPeR_930
2012-09-09

I'm reinstalling the forum from scratch and the box to specify a table prefix for fluxbb was blank. I added a prefix and the plugin accepts the webmaster username to bridge Piwigo and fluxbb, but it gives an error for guest username. What is supposed to go there. Do I just register a new regular account on my Fluxbb forum and use that name? It seems I must wait an hour to register a second user from the same IP on the forum.

#34 2013-09-15 12:59:41

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Hi,

The main issue is fixed, right ? FluxBB tables have ro be set with a table prefix to make Register_FluxBB work. Good to know. I'll add this in the online help tips.

Now, about the guest user.
FluxBB forum is installed with 2 default accounts : The administrator user created at setup and a guest user to allow visitors (non registered users) to see the public part of the forum.

If you go in your database and check the FluxBB _users table, you'll find at ID 1 the guest account username (typically it should be "Guest"). This one have to be set in Register_FluxBB settings.

Board footer