Announcement

#1 2013-09-22 15:51:33

Jeff Watson

Failing to install software

Hi there,

I have dowloaded and unpacked the Piwig download, then uploaded the files to a folder on my website.

When I go to that folder I am greeted with a screen that invites me to install the software.

After I have entered all the information I get this message.

Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [mysqli.mysqli]: (HY000/2002): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/80/11659580/html/trial/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 61

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/content/80/11659580/html/trial/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 109

Warning: my_error() [function.my-error]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/content/80/11659580/html/trial/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 826

Warning: my_error() [function.my-error]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/content/80/11659580/html/trial/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 826

Warning:  [mysql error ]
SET NAMES "utf8" in /home/content/80/11659580/html/trial/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 834

Now, I'm not sure which user name and password I have to enteras there are two sets.  One to enter the site and the other for uploading files to the site.  There is also a username and database name combined as one with a password - which do I use?

Sorry to be a numpty, but I really  have no idea what I'm doing.

#2 2013-09-22 17:33:27

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Re: Failing to install software

Hi,

The first username and password needed in the installation form is for MySql database connexion. So you should have a valid MySql database and a user set to access it.

If your website is not hosted by you (on your own personal server), you should ask a support to your hosting provider to get the correct username and password for your database.

Board footer