Announcement

•  » Themes
  •  » [resolved] Smartpocket Home Page

#1 2013-10-17 03:05:55

Cadencia
Auckland, New Zealand
2013-10-12

[resolved] Smartpocket Home Page

I have set my site up with a home page using the Additional Pages" plugin.  See http://www.hsb.co.nz

When I visit the site using the mobile template (as in www.hsb.co.nz?mobile=true) the site begins directly with the catalogues page, and even clicking on the "home" icon never takes me to the Additional Page.

Is this a bug, or should I set about trying to find a workaround?

Regards
Phil

#2 2013-10-17 12:48:20

paul105
2012-08-17

Re: [resolved] Smartpocket Home Page

Hi Phil,

I think this is the intended behaviour, a mobile theme is generally a cut down theme with less data to be tranferred to the mobile device.

Maybe take a look at the 'mobile theme for tablets' plugin where you can set the following options :-

Choose the devices for which you want the mobile theme to be displayed by default. A mobile theme must be installed and activated in the administration of the gallery.

Mobile - Mobile phones and equivalents
Tablet - Tablets (iPad, Android tablets...)
Desktop - Desktop computers, laptops, netbooks...

Regards

Paul

#3 2013-10-17 13:10:39

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Hi

indeed that's done intentionnally, but generally by the auhtor of the plugin. And that's normal, because Smartpocket is for themes which are not responsive for mobile devices. But in 2.6 addtionnal page could allow such config using the Smartpocket theme.

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#4 2013-10-17 13:48:47

Cadencia
Auckland, New Zealand
2013-10-12

Thank you, I will look into your suggestions, and investigate further.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding how things should be, but I always though the whole point of theming was that the theme should decide how data should be displayed, and the content to be displayed should be decided outside of the presentation.  In this case, it seems that the content is being decided by the theme (in the sense that it is not anywhere displaying the intended home page, nor the menu bar) and that it presents the images in a lightbox-type slideshow rather than the normal image plus details format.

Or are you saying that it is the "additional pages" plugin which is determining not to display the home page because it doesn't like the mobile theme?

Anyway, it's not a complaint if this is how it is designed so be it.

Is there a simple way to prevent the use of the mobile theme entirely?  Or should I just write my own alternative?

Actually, reading back what I've just written, it sounds rather grumpy.  But it is absolutely not meant to be.  I'm feeling my way, being very new to Piwigo, if not to programming as such.

Regards
Phil

#5 2013-10-17 14:21:49

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

no problem ^^
http://piwigo.org/dev/browser/extension … nc.php#L13

so additionnal page does restrict itself, maybe due to the complementary use with extended description : people ususally add a landing page with a slideshow or a big picture, and both are not adapted for mobile devices

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#6 2013-10-17 14:24:04

paul105
2012-08-17

Hi,

"Is there a simple way to prevent the use of the mobile theme entirely?  Or should I just write my own alternative?"

You need to deactivate the theme in Configuration menu, themes

Just make sure you have an active theme, also consider does you additional page look good on a small screen & have you optimised the page to load quickly on a mobile device.

Regards

•  » Themes
  •  » [resolved] Smartpocket Home Page

Board footer