Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » [resolved] Showcase Plugin defaults to HTTPS when available, how to select HTTP?

#1 2013-10-28 09:35:15

Tom Brossman
2012-01-15

[resolved] Showcase Plugin defaults to HTTPS when available, how to select HTTP?

I have just submitted my site to the Piwigo Showcase using the Showcase plugin.
I use SSL to log in to my site, and the plugin automatically selected HTTPS for the 'Gallery Address (URL)' field. There does not appear to be a way to change it to HTTP. Can this be manually set? If no, is it possible to request it be changed by someone at Piwigo prior to publishing?

There is no security issue or problem with HTTPS, it's just a matter of HTTP being cacheable and having better performance. It should be the default and end users can switch to HTTPS if they prefer.

Edit: Removed screenshot as no longer necessary. (And thanks @plg for the very fast reply!)

Last edited by Tom Brossman (2013-10-28 11:04:08)

#2 2013-10-28 09:51:23

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: [resolved] Showcase Plugin defaults to HTTPS when available, how to select HTTP?

Hi Tom,

I have seen your registration request on Piwigo Showcase. I will manually modify your URL to HTTPS (and removing :443).

I admit only a very very few registration are using HTTPS, so we will manually manage this "problem" for now.

•  » Extensions
  •  » [resolved] Showcase Plugin defaults to HTTPS when available, how to select HTTP?

Board footer