Announcement

#1 2013-11-01 14:39:15

thebadeye
2013-10-02

I would like to do a completely manual install/setup on linux/mysql

Hi Piwigo Dev folks

Looking to both understand fully and completely install/configure PWIGO by hand [ no web set up, no auto scripts running on DB, no install/config web pages] ….

Question:
Is there a document or a src thread on the "soup to nuts": step by step manual install and configuration of pwigo?  I looked through forum history and could not really find a single highly focused thread on the subject instead, most seemed to be about working with the traditional installation/configuration web page.

Thanks for the help in advance.

#2 2013-11-01 14:52:33

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: I would like to do a completely manual install/setup on linux/mysql

Hello

- the database structure is available in the "install" directory as well as the default configuration
- mysql logins have to be setted in local/config/database.inc.php
- last step would be to create the webmaster and guest accounts

you should read install.php file, you'll find all you need

#3 2013-11-01 14:58:25

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

You should study install.php, but not avoiding to use it. For sure you will forget to initiate something and Piwigo won't work and you will think Piwigo is not good :-/

If you fear that Piwigo does "too much" on your databases, here is my advice: create a new mysql database for Piwigo, and a mysql user just for this database. This way you will be sure that Piwigo doesn't do anything on other databases (of course it does not, but do the check by yourself :-)

#4 2013-11-01 16:39:51

thebadeye
2013-10-02

Thanks guys, that will get me going, I'll report back in on the progress…..thx again

Board footer