Announcement

#1 2014-01-18 19:10:12

Vern

Piwigo 2.6 upgrade - no large images available

On my Piwigo install all photos are fairly high resolution.  After upgrading to 2.6, regardless of what theme I use, only very small photos are used on the individual photo pages.  My album is below, just in case you want to see what I mean.  You'll need to work your way down to an individual photo page, where in the past I would have only the original size photo showing on the page.  Any ideas how to fix this?

http://vw.homelinux.net/z/

Thanks,
Vern

#2 2014-01-18 19:14:33

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Piwigo 2.6 upgrade - no large images available

Hi Vern,

What are the photo sizes activated on [Administration > Configuration > Options > Photo sizes] ?
Did you change the default size in your local configuration? (default size is M by default)

#3 2014-01-18 19:48:00

Vern

Interesting.  I checked this initially.  Since I always had this configured to only show the photo at original size, I assumed the upgrade didn't change this.  When I looked at the options you mention, everything was unchecked except the two smallest sizes, so just to be sure I checked X-Large and XX-Large.  That didn't change anything.

After reading your post, I decided to give it a try again, and this time I just checked every size.  That fixed it to some degree, in that in most cases at least a larger size photo is showing, but not the original size photo.

If I remember right, when I looked at these settings before, what I saw initially, that everything is unchecked worked for me, because whatever the original size of the photo was, that's what was displayed.  If I check every size option it looks like the photos are being scaled to the largest setting that is smaller than the original, which means they are still being down-scaled.  Is there different setting in the new configuration to only show the original size photo on the picture page, and not resize it in any case?

Thanks,
Vern

#4 2014-01-18 21:50:40

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

use only the Medium size with large values

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#5 2014-01-19 01:30:00

Vern

Thanks for all the super fast help as usual.  Using Medium only and changing the values to something larger than my largest photo, did fix the problem.  Coincidentally, I was using the Stripped theme before, which handles these settings differently than most other themes, which is why I guess I never noticed it.  The Stripped update was just released and I'm back to using that, but I left the 'fixed' settings applied in case I ever need to switch themes again.

Thanks,
Vern

Board footer