•  » Extensions
  •  » [Plugin] LCAS - Case and accent insensivity

#1 2011-04-22 21:41:42

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

[Plugin] LCAS - Case and accent insensivity

LucMorizur, Whiler and Eric are proud to present the first stable release of the new plugin [extension by Eric] LCAS.

LCAS is for "Login Case and Accent Sensitivity".

This plugin allows to take into account user registrations and identifications with case uppercase-lowercase) and/or accents insensitivity on usernames.
Depending on the setting chosen in the plugin:
- Case insensitivity: A user called "test" can not register an account if "TEst "or "Test" (and so on...) already exists. Ditto for identification.
- Accents insensitivity: A user called "béatrice" can not register an account if "beatrice" already exists. Ditto for identification.
- The combination of these two rules combines the function of each rule.

After installing and configuring the plugin, a table of existing usernames in conflict according to rules is displayed and can be corrected with the option of notifying changed users by email.

This topic is dedicated to official support on this plugin. Thank you for posting your comments, possible bug discoveries (nobody is perfect ^^), or requests for changes.

#2 2014-02-01 20:52:01

Kalle
2012-08-17

Re: [Plugin] LCAS - Case and accent insensivity

Make it compatible to Piwigo 2.6.1 please

#3 2014-06-03 18:14:35

Korey

Re: [Plugin] LCAS - Case and accent insensivity

I've been trying to make my gallery handle login from a mobile device properly.  If I have a username in the system called "jefferson", when a user wants to log in from a mobile device, they type in j-e-f-f-e, then hit the autocorrect, which substitutes "Jefferson ".  Notice the upper case and trailing space. 

So, I installed your plugin to deal with that issue.  If I try to log in as "Jefferson", it works fine (because I'm using "case insensitive" as the setting. 

However, when your plugin is activated, the trailing space causes a problem.  When the plugin is NOT active, the trailing space is ignored.

•  » Extensions
  •  » [Plugin] LCAS - Case and accent insensivity

Board footer