Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Virtual Albums from picasa.ini

#1 2014-03-07 00:44:41

Palitu
2014-02-14

Virtual Albums from picasa.ini

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I currently use piwigo as a front end view for my photo backup server.  I use pydio as a web based file manager, which allows me to upload/sync photos instead of say FTP or the uploader.  (i did use owncloud but it was severely lacking on a number of fronts)

As a photo manager, i use picasa on my PC, which allows me to create virtual albums, which settings are kept in a 'picasa.ini' file.  this file is in each directory where there are any photos, it also keep information on faces that have been found in each photo.

I currently have something like 30'000 images, which i would prefer to keep private, but the virtual albums I would like to share publicly.  It is too time consuming trying to create the albums from the piwigo front end.

Is there a way to automatically create/update virtual albums from the picasa.ini? 

Piwigo URL: http://dadcloud.user32.com/dc-photos/

#2 2014-03-07 15:42:13

kenl
2013-01-12

Re: Virtual Albums from picasa.ini

This extension may help - Picasa2Piwigo.

You can select a 'virtual' album in Picasa and upload it to Piwigo.  It will move face tags in picasa.ini to tags in Piwigo along with the photos.  However it is not automated in that you will have to upload 1 album at a time.

KenL

•  » Requests
  •  » Virtual Albums from picasa.ini

Board footer