Announcement

#1 2014-04-26 17:14:48

kyp_
2013-06-17

User Collection Plugin with thumb-scroller plugin

Hey:)

Just a small quirk that is happening:

When you add an image via thumbnail overlay (add to collection),
the thumbnail page reloads itself and starts from the thumbnail that you added.

It happens after a certain threshold of images (after 20+ thumbnails or so),
it jumps i.e. from .../start-260  to .../start-280 on the picture index page, instead
of loading the 180 pictures via "endless scrolling" first.

If also edited this in the thumb scroller plugin (just in case it might be relevant):

Code:

rv_tscroller.js:
line 61, increased standard values for RVTS.next

$.ajax({
    type:'GET', dataType:'html', 'url': url,
    success: function(htm) {
      RVTS.next+=RVTS.perPage;
      RVTS.$thumbs.append(htm);
      if (RVTS.next-RVTS.start>175 && RVTS.total-RVTS.next>50)

I'm hoping there's somewhere a number I can just increase or remove that "feature" all together ?

Thx for any help or directions :)
cheers
kyp

User Collections  1.1.1
RV Thumb Scroller 2.5.a

Piwigo version: 2.5.1
PHP version: 5.4.17
MySQL version: 5.5.36-cll

Cheers

#2 2014-04-26 17:28:43

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: User Collection Plugin with thumb-scroller plugin

Can't we have a link ?
I fail to really understand your problem

also open the dev console (F12) and look for JS errors when the problem occurs

ps: are you considering upgrading ?

#3 2014-04-26 17:35:05

kyp_
2013-06-17

PMed you

Cheers

#4 2014-04-26 17:46:46

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

I just realized you use UC 1.1.1, please update to 2.1.2 at least (if you want to keep Piwigo 2.5)
I won't try to fix an old version

some remarks too:

- the design is very "heavy", I'm mean it lacks some space between elements (try a larger menubar and header perhaps)

- the links to SmartAlbums on the left REALLY look like advertising, my "sixth sense" ignored it at first (before my eye caught the keyword SmartAlbums), you should try to modify the display (I've no clue for this sorry)

- I really like to way albums (and tags) are displayed on the homepage, would be great if you create a plugin for this kind of display (GThumb+ look alike)

- once the top menu is open we can't close it by clicking again on the button (common behavior)

- you have a problem with some tags which are written really small

ps: the credentials you mailed me don't work, I had to create another account

#5 2014-04-26 17:50:22

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

your problem come form the javascript error

Code:

ReferenceError: check_mobile is not defined

which breaks the JS process: UC fallbacks to a normal link which has for effect to reload the page

this code comes from your JuicyAds integration code (unless Google Adsense I never found an ads provider which is not broken....)

#6 2014-04-26 18:41:16

kyp_
2013-06-17

the design is very "heavy", I'm mean it lacks some space between elements (try a larger menubar and header perhaps)

- the links to SmartAlbums on the left REALLY look like advertising, my "sixth sense" ignored it at first (before my eye caught the keyword SmartAlbums), you should try to modify the display (I've no clue for this sorry)

- I really like to way albums (and tags) are displayed on the homepage, would be great if you create a plugin for this kind of display (GThumb+ look alike)

- once the top menu is open we can't close it by clicking again on the button (common behavior)

Thanks for having a look. Yes its my first site, so I have yet a lot to learn.
And I appreciate the critique, it gives me some good input :)

About a plugin, I'm afraid my php skills are zero that's why I've stood clear of any custom plugins.
My original goal was a pinterest masonary style with similar rating/favs option on the thumbnails (wordpress and drupal have these options, with certain themes, in case some future forum-searcher is wondering).

- you have a problem with some tags which are written really small

What is your resolution ? I'm using 1920x1200, which requires some ctrl+mousewheel zoom for comfort but I only belong to about 1% of the traffic *sad*.
Most desktop PC visitors use something like 1280x and the growing mobile traffic uses 320x on phones and 1024x on tablets. I felt it was the right size for the majority of the internet traffic (for tag5's (smallest))(according to googleanalytics).

About the plugin quirk,
any idea for a solution about the check_mobile javascript
on my end, to fix it quickly (without removing it obviously =P) ?

I've also upgrade to UC 2.1.2 in case you want to test something.

cheers
kyp

Cheers

#7 2014-04-26 18:48:37

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

kyp_ wrote:

What is your resolution ? I'm using 1920x1200, which requires some ctrl+mousewheel zoom for comfort but I only belong to about 1% of the traffic *sad*.
Most desktop PC visitors use something like 1280x and the growing mobile traffic uses 320x on phones and 1024x on tablets. I felt it was the right size for the majority of the internet traffic (for tag5's (smallest))(according to googleanalytics).

I've the same resolution.

But I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing. I'm actually talking about the tags in yellow, which doesn't contains text..... it just dashes (url say "temp_blue_eyes", "outdoor_inpublic" and so on)
Is it intended ?

kyp_ wrote:

About the plugin quirk,
any idea for a solution about the check_mobile javascript
on my end, to fix it quickly (without removing it obviously =P) ?

As I don't know how this provider works, absolutely not, ask them, and check you didn't messed up the embed code

#8 2014-04-26 19:13:37

kyp_
2013-06-17

I don't know how this provider works, absolutely not, ask them, and check you didn't messed up the embed code

it's added on top of the index.tpl and looks like that if you were wondering:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ads.juicyads.com/jsclients/jam_min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">window.onload=check_mobile(41283,77270)</script>

But I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing. I'm actually talking about the tags in yellow, which doesn't contains text..... it just dashes (url say "temp_blue_eyes", "outdoor_inpublic" and so on)
Is it intended ?

That is my compromise to keep deleted tags as  "pseudo-permalink". If you delete for example the tag "japanese comics" and replace it with "mangas",
because google likes it more, all search traffic will still hit the old tag for a while (and deleting bigger amounts of links via googles webmaster tools might be bad for ranking). In short,keeping the old tags URL intact while editing(in phpMyAdmin) the text to "--" will still keep the link structure intact. (with categories this is implemented fine, with tags I havent found the option..yet)
Colorizing tags (and making the text invisible) does the typet@gs plugin (for future search visitors)

Cheers

Board footer