Announcement

#1 2014-07-15 18:30:03

2otherjobs
2014-07-14

Plugin Social Connect error

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I am serving my own photo archive with Piwigo.  I need to activate the Social Connect plugin.  It installs without difficulty.  I can "Enable" the social contact sites, and copy the requested data into the provided blanks.  When I try to 'Save Settings', I receive the following error:

Warning: file_put_contents(local/config/hybridauth.inc.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/www/piwigo/plugins/oAuth/admin/providers.php on line 51
Piwigo version: 2.6.3
PHP version: 5.5.14
MySQL version:5.6.19
Piwigo URL: https://bpa.tgbartlett.net

The site otherwise is generally working well, so far, and I am quite delighted to have found Piwigo.  I am serving the site using FreeBSD.  I checked my directory tree and hybridauth.inc.php does not exist.  Changing permissions for providers.php did nothing.  I have Googled extensively and searched the forums carefully without success.

Hope someone will help!
2otherjobs

#2 2014-07-15 18:52:29

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Plugin Social Connect error

Hello
the author is currently in holiday

I would say that it's a server side issue. It think it tries to create that file  and put content in. Maybe file_put_contents function is restricted or your chmod/owner wrongly set...
Check that and also you light try by create that file empty and then run the plugin again as you did

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2014-07-15 19:34:21

2otherjobs
2014-07-14

Thank you for a quick response!  I followed the second part of your advice, and for FreeBSD 10.0, did the following:

-I created /usr/local/www/piwigo/local/config/hybridauth.inc.php
-cd /usr/local/www/piwigo/local/config
-chmod 644 hybridauth.inc.php
-chown www:www hybridauth.inc.php

restarted the plugin and voila!  it worked.  I ran cat hybridauth.inc.php and indeed, the new entered data was present.  So far, so good!  I will try out the plugin now and report back if I hit another snag.  Otherwise, consider this problem fixed.

2otherjobs

#4 2014-07-15 19:41:21

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

did you get issues installing automatically extensions from Piwigo admin panel ?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#5 2014-07-15 19:49:46

2otherjobs
2014-07-14

So far I have put in Application/Client ID numbers and Application Secrets in the Providers tab for Social Connect plugin for Facebook, Google, Flickr, and Open ID.  I have opened up the file I created (previous post) and it shows the data being recorded.  Does that help?

#6 2014-07-15 19:53:10

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

nono I was talking about the automatic process of Piwigo; if you've got problems installing plugins or themes in generals, like permissions issue as it was here

#7 2014-07-15 20:07:53

2otherjobs
2014-07-14

No.  So far, all the plugins I have installed (more than 10 so far) have worked well with the exception of Charlies' content.  There, I have error messages as well, but I though I would post them in another thread later...

#8 2014-07-20 12:01:27

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

the directory local/config should be writeable by the server itself (Apache/nginx process)
Some plugins may have to store things here

Do LocalFiles Editor work ?

ps: there is a "Resolved" button on your first message :)

Board footer