Announcement

#1 2014-07-15 09:26:13

peter12

Upload other file types

Hi,

Is it possible to upload other file types (i.e. mov, mp3, pdf) with the web uploader?
I've already added the following lines to the config file but the uploader still only accepts jpeg, png, gif.

// file_ext : file extensions (case sensitive) authorized
  $conf['file_ext'] = array('jpg','JPG','jpeg','JPEG','png','PNG','gif','GIF','mpg','zip','avi','mp3','ogg');
// picture_ext : file extensions for picture file, must be a subset of file_ext
  $conf['picture_ext'] = array('jpg','JPG','jpeg','JPEG','png','PNG','gif','GIF');

Piwigo version: 2.7b2

Thanks a lot for your help
Peter

#2 2014-07-16 17:41:44

peter12

Re: Upload other file types

Because I haven't go any answer on my question yet I would like to rephrase my question.

Is it possible to change the configuration of piwigo to allow the upload of video or other files directly with the html5 uploader? I'm quite familiar with php programming. So if someone could give me any hint on where to change the code or config to support other file types that would very much appreciated.

Best regards
Peter

#3 2014-07-16 20:15:44

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Hello

Plg will answer us because I would like to see that changed too

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#4 2019-09-19 08:07:06

dceworks
2019-09-19

Did you ever make any headway with this? I have just completed my first piwigo server setup and I must say I am hugely impressed with the modularity, presentation and intuitiveness of the application.  If we could use it to also host other file types such as docs and pdfs it would be an amazing alternative to a SharePoint type service.  Thanks to all of the developers and community members who have kept this project alive!

#5 2019-09-19 09:12:52

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Hi :-)

2014 post !

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

Board footer