Announcement

#1 2013-04-26 09:58:23

zipper1954
United Kingdom
2013-04-26

[resolved] Notification Emails

I have only been using piwigo for two weeks now and I love it.
one thing came to my attention yesterday. Although I have set everything to send me notification emails for any new changes to my site including new members I am not getting any notifications.
I have tride sending a test email to all subscribed member, it tells me that the emails have been sent but I don't get them.
I use microsoft outlook as my email client and it works apart from my site emails

this might be something simple that I have overlooked but it makes hard work of validating when I am not notified by email

Please Help Kind Regards Brian

#2 2013-04-26 13:00:00

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Re: [resolved] Notification Emails

Hi,

Try [extension by cljosse] Mail_supervisor in debug mode to check if emails are really sent from your gallery. If all is OK then you have to check your email provider for possibly hard spam destruction feature (or simply see in "spam' directory from your email box ^^).

zipper1954 wrote:

I use microsoft outlook as my email client and it works apart from my site emails

Note : Using Microsoft Outlook or any other email client does not matter in Piwigo email sending function. Piwigo does not use email client to do the job ;-)

#3 2013-04-26 14:28:00

zipper1954
United Kingdom
2013-04-26

Hello Eric
Thanks for the help I will try this plugin and get back to you,

Kind Regards Brian

#4 2013-04-27 13:56:07

zipper1954
United Kingdom
2013-04-26

Hello again Eric

I tried the plugin and all seems to be ok with the debug test
i then contacted Virgin Media and there technical people say every thing is OK at their end.
so I have sent the following support ticket to UK2 who run my web server.
if you have any other suggestions I would be happy to here them.

TO UK2.net
I have installed the PIWIGO Album software from your list of programes.
it works great except for the email side.
when I send notifications to new members it indicates that the mail has been sent correctly but in fact no email is revived by anyone.
I have had Virgin Media test their side and emails are been sent and received correctly by all other means except the PIWIGO software.
PIWIGO does not use any external programs eg (microsoft outlook) but uses it's own built in software to process mail. PIWIGO has also provided me with test software to check all mail functions and it tells me all is working OK.
There is only one other avenue to check and that is to see if my UK2 account needs a tweak to accept the mail processing from the PIWIGO software.
I am hoping there is a known issue with this problem as I am sure you have other customers that use this software.

I would really appreciate some help with this problem.
Kind Regards Brian

#5 2013-04-29 15:22:47

zipper1954
United Kingdom
2013-04-26

Hi Eric

As I mentioned I contacted UK2.net who checked my Sever.
They  found that the DNS in the mail and site sever was incorrect.
He fixed the DNS problem but it takes up to 24 hours for the fix to take affect.
Fingers crossed, I hope that I can tell you that my mail works ok tomorrow.

Brian

#6 2013-04-30 22:56:26

zipper1954
United Kingdom
2013-04-26

HELLO ERIC

Every thing working OK now.

Thank You Very Much For Your Help

Kind Regards Brian

#7 2013-04-30 23:37:09

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Hi Brian,

Glad to see all is OK for you with notification emails ;-) Thx for your feedback.

Please, can you set this topic as "solved" (use the related link on your first post) ?

#8 2014-08-20 14:08:57

michaelh99
Texas
2014-08-19

Any chance this plugin will be updated for 2.6?  It's not appearing in the available plugins list.

I'm not receiving emails when a comment is added and would like to debug the problem.

#9 2014-08-20 15:27:11

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

use the local config to get a copy of the mail; contact your host too to check their servers
the 2.6 use a new mail system, much better

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#10 2014-08-21 03:34:17

michaelh99
Texas
2014-08-19

Well, when i enabled webmaster bcc and tried a test comment, the email went out fine.  Looks like all the headers are correct too.

Unfortunately when I disable the bcc and comment, it still works and all the headers are the same.

That option doesn't appear to do anything.

#11 2014-08-21 10:23:05

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

so that's a server config issue about mail. We now use PHPMailer the best framework in php about mail
do you have other script php on your server like wordpress? do you hase ssh access to try to send mail from the server directly?
you could configure smtp etc config in Piwigo to use custom settings like a distant server

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#12 2014-08-21 10:23:25

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

and please open a new trhead; this one is solved

Board footer