Announcement

#1 2014-08-21 06:38:24

George

Presence of "Envelopes'

Hi

I have noticed for the first time (because I never checked before) the presence of "Red Envelopes" in two size after the group name of photos.

I have a screen shot but unfortunately I have no idea how to attach it in this message;

You can see the envelopes on the left side column.

http://www.orchids-world.com/piwigo/

What is the meaning of the Envelopes? and why two different sizes"? Can I remove them?

regards

George

Piwigo version:
PHP version:
MySQL version:
Piwigo URL: http://

#2 2014-08-21 10:12:02

nicolas
Former Piwigo Team
2004-12-30

Re: Presence of "Envelopes'

George wrote:

What is the meaning of the Envelopes? and why two different sizes"? Can I remove them?

Theses envelopes stands for recent albums, also available from the menu : Recent albums
I don't know for different sizes

#3 2014-08-21 13:34:04

michaelh99
Texas
2014-08-19

It's clearly a theme setting.  The author must have decided that an envelope meant new "mail/photos".  If you hold the mouse over the icon you'll see the appropriate popup.

If you use the default theme, you'll see and explosion icon.

It looks like there are at least two theme settings depending on the age of the photos.  I get a "big" explosion for very recent additions and a smaller one for slightly older.

#4 2014-08-21 13:46:30

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

michaelh99 wrote:

It looks like there are at least two theme settings depending on the age of the photos.  I get a "big" explosion for very recent additions and a smaller one for slightly older.

no, it's "new photos in this album" and "new photos in one sub-album of this album"

and the option to deactivate it in in Configuration/Options/Display

#5 2014-08-23 22:45:52

georgeT
2012-03-18

Thank you very much, at least there is a logical explanation for both the presence and the size. I was a bit shocked when I firstly noticed it. I thought the envelopes where associated with hidden files or photos.

Board footer