Announcement

#1 2014-09-13 18:23:27

henker
Warsaw
2014-09-01

Re-create fixed album thumbnail after deletion of thumbnail ?

After accidentally removing an album thumbnail, I currently get the "random" thumbnail ove the subalbums - what is the way to get one fixed thumbnail back of one of the subalbums ?

I went through the docs and read about the "representative" - however, I can't choose one for the album. The album contains 2 virtual subalbums and 1 "not virtual" subalbum.

This is Piwigo 2.6.3 - freshly migrated from Menalto gallery ;)

#2 2014-09-13 19:52:03

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Re-create fixed album thumbnail after deletion of thumbnail ?

Hello?
simply go to the edition page of the picture

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2014-09-13 23:06:37

henker
Warsaw
2014-09-01

To the "edition page" ?
In the album information, I just have

"This album contains no photo.
Numeric identifier : 8
jump to album →
Add Photos
manage sub-albums
Synchronize"

- where the old thumbnail used to be. I can't set a new one actually.
There are 3 sub-galleries and it's showing a random thumbnail of the 3 sub-galleries in the parent album now.

#4 2014-09-13 23:25:00

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

flop25 wrote:

Hello?
simply go to the edition page of the picture

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#5 2014-09-14 10:58:38

henker
Warsaw
2014-09-01

In the picture, I can change the picture to make it the thumbnail of the current (sub)-album.
But I want to change the thumbnail of the parent album, which contains no photos, only 3 sub-albums.

#6 2015-01-23 00:42:08

myke

I was able to figure out this issue from the above discussion, but not easily.  So I thought I would add what I found both in case the original poster wasn't and for future readers.

I am using piwigo 2.7.3.  I found two ways to set a thumbnail for an album.

One way is to go to a picture within an album.  Along the top of the window, about 4 buttons from the left, is a button labelled 'Album Thumbnail'.  Clicking this will make the current photo the representitive thumbnail for the album it is in.

The second way I found is to go to a picture (in any album).  Along the top of the window, about 3 buttons from the left, is a button labelled 'Edit'.  Click that button and select 'Properties page'. One of the editable options on the page that comes up is 'Album thumbnail'.  Clicking in an open space of that text box will pop up a menu of all albums.  Selecting an album will make the picture a thumbnail representitive of that album.  Multiple albums can be chosen (i.e. a single photo can be a thumbnail for multiple albums and does not have to reside within that album or a sub-album).

Board footer