Announcement

#1 2014-12-04 15:18:35

gsnde
2013-06-24

Unique page titles

Hi.

This has been discussed already and Piwigo has been improved already, but not consequently. You can now define unique html titles for every albums, which is great.

But if you have a many pictures and tags, it is not desirable that you would have to define the title for each photo manually. What I am looking for is an automated mechanism that creates a unique title for each photo.

Piwigo index view: has page title that is manually defined --> perfect
Album view: has a unique title that is manually defined --> perfect
Photo view opened via Album: has the Piwigo main title --> should automatically have the Album title plus unique photo description (either number or filename)
Tag view: has the Piwigo main title --> should automatically have the Piwigo main title plus the Tag
Photo view opened via Tag: has the Piwigo main title --> should automatically have Tag title plus unique photo description (either number or filename)

This topic is important in order to prevent search engines from punishing the web because of duplicate titles.

Thanks for your feedback!
Martin

Piwigo version: current
Piwigo URL: http://www.owlsnest.eu/screenshots/index.php

#2 2014-12-08 11:22:56

gsnde
2013-06-24

Re: Unique page titles

By the way - in case I am missing something which is already there, please let me know.

Thanks Martin

#3 2014-12-18 13:54:36

gsnde
2013-06-24

Is there really nobody willing to provide any feedback or suggestion?

#4 2014-12-18 21:33:37

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Hi :-)

With [extension by ddtddt] Title you can choise personal title

you can also see code this plugin for adapt for you ;-)

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#5 2014-12-18 21:42:41

gsnde
2013-06-24

I apologize, ddtddt. I have mistaken this part of the forum as the request section for Piwigo.

Last edited by gsnde (2014-12-18 21:44:23)

#6 2014-12-19 11:21:27

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

@gsnde
this has not so much interest since we are using canonical urls http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canonical_link_element
It might be for users...

anyway open a ticket in our bugtracker if you want to be taken into account one day

why you didn't get answers? we were very busy and as you can see on the forum, we were not so often answering (at least in my case), and this is a minor enhancement

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#7 2014-12-19 12:40:05

gsnde
2013-06-24

Thanks a lot for coming back to me, flop25

Do I understand correctly that Piwigo databases are using canonical urls per default? The reason I came here is that Google claims that all Tag Pages and Image pages have the same title like the master index page and I can confirm that this is true.

Or do I have to activate canonical urls proactively?

I will raise the request in the bug tracker anyway, because I feel Piwigo per default should make individual titles.

--> Added: I just checked the Piwigo demonstration gallery and I see that all tag pages and photo pages have an individual title. Was that set manually, is that the consequence of canonical url usage or might there be something fundamentally wrong with my setup?

Last edited by gsnde (2014-12-19 12:44:39)

#8 2014-12-19 14:59:09

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

if I'm right that's nothing special... just by default and don't remember any config/var which could impact that

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#9 2014-12-21 09:28:53

gsnde
2013-06-24

Indeed you are right :-)

I found out that this misbehavior is due to the extension 'title'. As soon as I removed it, the titles were generated correctly automatically.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Board footer