Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

Re: [Plugin] Event Cats, to easily share private categories

billboule wrote:

Thank you for this work ;-)

You're welcome :-)) , many thanks.

billboule wrote:

Awesome program...
I'm using it for almost all of my albums, just because you always have new people to some events....
My list of entries are getting bigger and bigger and it's getting difficult to manage it.

Yes, I know, I have somehow the same issue. This is in the todo list, the admin interface should get far nicer, with pop-up messages managed in jQuery when hovering on items; and a list you can manage and filter at least a little bit.

billboule wrote:

I would propose a simple link which appear at the bottom page of an album, which would appear for the webmaster or the admin. By clicking this link, you do the same job as "totally automated" in a transparent way, displaying only the final autolog-on link...

Furthermore, it would look more user friendly to new users...

Yes, this is planned too. To be honest currently I intended to do it only on admin pages (in album managements), but of course it would be nice too in the album gallery pages. And a possibility to extremely simplify the use of Autolog (as this is the way Event Cats should be renamed) is in my wishes -- "a possibility", as I want also to keep its complex but powerful structure.

billboule wrote:

I hope I was clear, if not, you may contact me on the French forum...

Well what is clear manily, is that nobody tells that he wants to do the job at my place :-( ... so it seems I'd better start if I want it to be done :-(( ... and currently... I'm not starting...

So one day I should start again... I hope it will not be too late... the thing is, that I would like to do a couple of things before... but I'm not starting them neither :-/ ...

Well... here we are anyway...

Our gallery : Le Site à Nous (a silly name in french, but here I don't care ;-) ! )
An event, a new gallery ? Plugin Event Cats
My test gallery : Tests Piwigo de Luc
Thanksalot for this beautiful project.

#32 2015-01-19 09:14:43

r.orrison
2014-12-05

Hi! Are there any known problems using this with 2.7.3?

#33 2015-01-19 09:44:17

r.orrison
2014-12-05

Apart from the fact that it's not marked as compatible with 2.7 :-)

I'm testing it on my test site, and mostly it seems to be working fine.

e.g. http://test.orrison.com/p/index.php?aut … xzH3Y7EHA7

The first time I tried it I did get a fetch_assoc() error after a warning about a failed query, but now that I've installed xdebug it's not happening.

I'll do more testing when I get time, before adding it to my real site.

Last edited by r.orrison (2015-01-19 09:52:36)

#34 2015-01-19 22:46:46

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

Hi r.orrison, many thanks for your message.

I've now quoted revision 1.2.8 "2.7 compatible". Sorry for the delay :-/ , I'm more and more away from this beautiful project, alas.

r.orrison wrote:

The first time I tried it I did get a fetch_assoc() error after a warning about a failed query

Well I did not have such a behaviour, let's hope it's not a real issue.

Eventually, can you try switch off xdebug to see if this notice comes back?

Thanks!

Our gallery : Le Site à Nous (a silly name in french, but here I don't care ;-) ! )

#35 2015-01-20 00:44:04

r.orrison
2014-12-05

Thanks for the update!

I did switch xdebug off again during my testing.  I suspect that I wasn't getting the error again because I used the full-auto setup on later tests.  I'll let you know if I can get it to happen again.

#36 2015-01-20 07:55:03

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

OK, many thanks.

In the meanwhile I discovered back why I hadn't quoted yet [extension by LucMorizur] Event Cats compatible with 2.7 (as well as [extension by Eric] LCAS), it's because there is an issue with the load_language function at certain points. I need to dive into that – and lost the habit to do so :-/ ...

Well... time will tell what happens...

#37 2015-01-20 08:53:57

r.orrison
2014-12-05

Hi - I can get the error to happen consistently by doing the following steps, with or without xdebug:
Delete all autologs and associated users (probably not necessary, but cleaner)
On the New autolog tab...
Select 16 digits, click Generate a code
  enter comment "Test album"
Click Album, select "private" (a private test gallery with one photo)
Enter username "testing" password "abc123" (username "testing" does not exist at this point)
(screenshot at http://i.imgur.com/eGV5rTE.jpg)
click Submit

With xdebug the output is:

Code:

( ! ) Warning: [mysql error 1064] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND `user_id` = '7'' at line 3 SELECT `user_id`, `cat_id` FROM `piwigo_user_access` WHERE `cat_id` IN () AND `user_id` = '7'; in /home/orrison/test.orrison.com/public/p/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 830
Call Stack
#  Time  Memory  Function  Location
1  0.0019  735568  {main}( )  ../admin.php:0
2  0.1724  7632928  include( '/home/orrison/test.orrison.com/public/p/admin/plugin.php' )  ../admin.php:288
3  0.1746  7825808  include_once( '/home/orrison/test.orrison.com/public/p/plugins/event_cats/admin/evntcats_admin.php' )  ../plugin.php:56
4  0.1868  8182712  ec_create_modify_entry_OK( )  ../evntcats_admin.php:293
5  0.1869  8183208  ec_create_user_OK( )  ../evntcats_admin_funcs.inc.php:547
6  1.4936  8284576  pwg_query( )  ../evntcats_admin_funcs.inc.php:274
7  1.4990  8284672  my_error( )  ../functions_mysqli.inc.php:132
8  1.4991  8285296  trigger_error ( )  ../functions_mysqli.inc.php:830

( ! ) Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on a non-object in /home/orrison/test.orrison.com/public/p/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 211
Call Stack
#  Time  Memory  Function  Location
1  0.0019  735568  {main}( )  ../admin.php:0
2  0.1724  7632928  include( '/home/orrison/test.orrison.com/public/p/admin/plugin.php' )  ../admin.php:288
3  0.1746  7825808  include_once( '/home/orrison/test.orrison.com/public/p/plugins/event_cats/admin/evntcats_admin.php' )  ../plugin.php:56
4  0.1868  8182712  ec_create_modify_entry_OK( )  ../evntcats_admin.php:293
5  0.1869  8183208  ec_create_user_OK( )  ../evntcats_admin_funcs.inc.php:547
6  1.4995  8284544  pwg_db_fetch_assoc( )  ../evntcats_admin_funcs.inc.php:275

The new user has been created, but the autolog hasn't.

Perhaps its relevant that in this test system I normally only have two users - "randy" and "guest"?  The config screen, as shown in the screenshot, doesn't show the "New user" / "Existing user" options, it just shows the controls for creating a new user.

It's not too important to me, because the full auto configuration seems to be working fine.

Hope this helps - thanks!

#38 2019-03-28 14:38:28

fuwuyie
2019-01-22

Hi, this a great work and do you have any update plan for Piwigo current version? Thanks!

#39 2019-03-28 22:32:28

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

fuwuyie wrote:

Hi, this a great work and do you have any update plan for Piwigo current version? Thanks!

Many thanks fuwuyie for your message ?.

Well I still have the dream to completely rewrite this plugin, but currently I'm not at all able to do that, So, sorry, but don't expect an update soon.

But you can still use the plugin as it is currently, it still works on current Piwigo version (2.9).

#40 2019-10-09 10:25:24

fcoiffie
1970-01-01

Hi,

Is there someone who have tested Event Cats with the new Piwigo 2.10.0 ?

#41 2019-10-09 21:44:16

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

fcoiffie wrote:

Hi,

Is there someone who have tested Event Cats with the new Piwigo 2.10.0 ?

Hi fcoiffie; many thanks for your message.

Yes, I just tested it — rapidly, but plg posted a message to say he marked automatically all plugins compatible with 2.9, also compatible with 2.10. So, normally speaking, no problem with 2.10.

I apologize, I would be glad to do more about Event Cats, but currently I have no possibility to do so.

#42 2019-10-11 16:59:24

fcoiffie
1970-01-01

Hi Luc,

I confirm that Event Cats still works. As long as your plugin works, you don't have to be sorry.
But it could be interesting to list limitations or some parts which could be broken.

Frédéric

#43 2019-10-11 17:53:04

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

fcoiffie wrote:

Hi Luc,

I confirm that Event Cats still works. As long as your plugin works, you don't have to be sorry.
But it could be interesting to list limitations or some parts which could be broken.

Frédéric

Many thanks Frédéric. Well, I do be sorry, because the whole plugin should be rewritten, so to be simplified, modernized, better adapted to core's improvements and evolutions... well.

As far as I know, there is no risk of specific limitation or code breaking; but, a deep update might always break something. But then, normally speaking, it should be prevented thanks to a warning from plg.

Thanks for using Event Cats ;-) !

•  » Extensions
  •  » [Plugin] Event Cats, to easily share private categories

Board footer