Announcement

#1 2015-02-05 20:58:22

cnoork
2015-02-05

Android and Iphone app

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I am currently a Gallery user with the xotof app for android and iGallery for iphone. With these apps I was very happy, only Gallery is stopping and I am looking for an alternative.

Piwigo looks a good alternative, have not jet found a app to browse through my pictures. Would like to navigate through my pictures by a mosaic and browse through the pictures. Is there a app or is someone working on an app with my requests?

Piwigo version: 2.7.3
PHP version: 5.5.19
MySQL version: 5.5.39-MariaDB
Piwigo URL: http://noork.nl/piwigo
Graphics Library: External ImageMagick 6.6.9-1

DSM version: DSM 5.1-5021

#2 2015-02-05 23:18:44

Hoser
Utah
2015-01-14

Re: Android and Iphone app

Hi Cnoork,

There's a Piwigo Android and iOS app. Just search "Piwigo" in the appropriate store.

I'm currently in the process of developing a new iOS app that's native. Currently you're able to browse your albums, so yes, someone is working on your requests. :)

If you have any more requests you would like to see in the iOS app, please let me know!

#3 2015-02-06 10:32:19

cnoork
2015-02-05

Hi Hoser,

Thanks for your reply, currently I have not tested the Iphone/Ipad app. This one if for my mother to browse through my pictures on her Ipad.

The requirements are that someone without technical knowledge could browse through the gallery by a mosaic and open the pictures. That is all, for my requirements there is no upload etc. needed.

For my own devices I could find 2 apps, for both devices a different one.
- Samsung S4 --> Piwigo (version 0.2) --> looks like it is developed for a tablet, and have not found any pictures on the screen so far
- Nexus 7 --> Piwigo Browser/Uploader (version 2.4) --> after adding my site it does not work at all. The other app is not displayed in the “Play Store”.

Have also tried ReGalAndroid but as far it is working it will only show the first 100 pictures in an album.

For now I am still searching for a good app on Android and Iphone for the simple task to browse through the albums and pictures. For me this is the most important requirement to go using Piwigo.

With kind regards,
Chris

#4 2015-02-06 10:55:22

cnoork
2015-02-05

Hi,

Just found out that both Piwogo Android apps are old, they are all upated the last time in 2011.

If I look to xotof for gallery, this one is between 10.000 and 50.000 installed on android. So there must be more people who likes the same way to browse through the pictures.

Here the links to the Gallery apps to have an idea what they are:
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … &hl=nl
- https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/igaller … 48146?mt=8

With kind regards,
Chris

#5 2015-02-06 14:14:17

r.orrison
2014-12-05

A default installation includes the elegant theme for desktop browsers, and the Smart Pocket theme for mobile devices.  If all you're interested in is people being able to browse from tablets, it works fine without an app.

#6 2015-02-07 20:38:17

moorezilla
Massachusetts
2014-07-25

At least for me, the cool thing about the app for Gallery 3 was that you could snap a photo on your smartphone and then easily add it to your Gallery site with the xotof app without having to download it to a desktop or anything. That's the functionality that I was looking to duplicate on Piwigo.

#7 2015-02-07 21:22:03

cnoork
2015-02-05

Hi r.orrison,

I have tested the functionality you where mentioning. For my Samsung S4 it is working like you where suggesting. Although an app will be much nicer. It will cash the pictures, use the whole screen and opening by one click. And I believe the iphone version the cashed pictures are offline also brows able.

For my Nexus 7 I get the normal web site, so there I miss the functionality in total.

My conclusion is still that a good app is really appreciated.

With kind regards,
Chris

#8 2015-03-21 22:38:21

cnoork
2015-02-05

Hi All,

Am I almost the only one who is missing this functionality?

With my phone the build in is working, not as nice as a app would be.

For tablets I still have no solution.... How can I make it usable on tablets?

With kind regards,
Chris

#9 2015-05-17 14:22:57

Nitram

Hi cnoork

I fully agree and I am looking for a working android app for Piwigo as well.

The current, outdated Piwigo app does not work with Android 5.1 anymore. It's possible to create new galleries, but uploading picutres is not possible, no access to picture folder apparently.

I'm searching for an easy way to upload pictures as well as giving my kids access to browse the gallery without allowing access to a full webbrowser on their tablet (apps access is resticted by parental control app).

Kind regards
Nitram

#10 2015-05-17 20:01:08

deheme
France
2014-12-12

Hi everybody,

Fully agreed, it's really a shame that this marvellous CMS has no decent aps on smarphone or tablets. Even Nikon came with a superb application!
Also it would be an occasion to introduce more integrated social aspects ...it would also be a nicetohave for .com.

I have sent a request to introduce Piwigo to Quickpic'dev which has a long list of pictures hosts (G+, Fr, 500 and so on) connected to its application. Which is fairly good by the way.
I didn't receive any answer but maybe if we are many enough to ask...

"à bon entendeur, salut"

DéHème
Quickpic on Google play

Last edited by deheme (2015-05-17 20:05:52)

#11 2015-05-17 20:08:05

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

I'm sorry but keeping saying here that's it's a shame won't change anything.

Find someone who has the knowledge, the time and the dedication to craft such app, like Hoser is currently doing for iOS.

Nobody in the team have time for that.

#12 2015-05-17 20:36:22

deheme
France
2014-12-12

Hi Mistic,
Thanks for your (very) quick answer, I didn't want to touch a sore point for you ;-)

I did a step in the direction you mention in contacting Q-supreme (I have no connection to them) but who am I ?

Without any hidden though I still think it would be a great benefit for Piwigo and...its users even if I fully understand your point.

DéHème

#13 2015-06-06 14:45:28

cnoork
2015-02-05

Hi Piwigo team,

I am totaly agree that this is not a blame for your team. But there should be some users with knoladge to extend this good web app to  be really ussable for Android and iPhone devices. I am also convinced that even more people would choice for Piwigo if it is more integrated by an app on these devices. Still hoping someone could help with this request.

With kind regards,
Chris

Board footer