Announcement

#1 2011-07-09 19:53:16

kemitov

How do I make the login page the default landing page?

Good Afternoon.
I would like to make the login page the default landing page for the gallery, instead of the categories.  How can I go about this?
Thank you!

#2 2011-07-09 20:53:32

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: How do I make the login page the default landing page?

1) install/activate [extension by Piwigo Team] LocalFiles Editor from screen [Administration > Plugins > Manage]

2) open [Administration > Plugins > LocalFiles Editor > Local config] and paste the following code:

<?php
$conf['guest_access'] = false;
?>

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2011-07-09 22:03:02

kemitov

Awesome! Thanks.  Can I also make it not show the 'not authorized' redirection error?

#4 2011-07-09 22:50:16

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

The answer provided by ddtddt is the right one (and I've discussed with P@t, I would like to move this configuration setting into the web user interface instead of the local configuration file)

Another trick is to use an "identification block" with [extension by plg] PWG Stuffs, and display it only for "guests".

#5 2011-07-12 22:21:54

Kemitov

Thanks again, I'll look into working it properly into my galery. =)

#6 2015-03-05 14:49:43

INTEGRATIONIST
2014-02-24

Hi,

could you please add this info to the documenatation? The documentation is extremely poor, and this is an initiative to make the piwigo documentation better, but I can not add it myself because I have no write access to the docs. Thanks!

Also please explain in the documentation, why this side effect does exist - there is no obvious connection between a config variable like

$conf['guest_access'] = false;

and the default landing page. One would expect to have e.g. a setting like

$conf['landing_page'] = 'login';

this would be clearly understandable.

What else do we need to know about the guest user?

Please explain all the invisible side effects of the guest account in the documentation, THANKS!

Thanks for your attention!

Last edited by INTEGRATIONIST (2015-03-06 01:31:51)

Board footer