Announcement

#1 2015-03-29 05:06:44

cb2015
2015-03-29

Cant Seem to install to /

Greetings,

I am trying to install piwigo to a directory I created o my hosted webserver. I managed to get it working early today if I ran the netinstaller from a directory called piwigo but I want it to be in the base directory for the site. I have set the base web directory to the location of the folder I want and I can run the piwigo-netinstalller script.
I run the script from the browser and the files are downloaded and extracted and all folders etc are created
but I never get the redirection to the setup/install webpage. I have tried entering those links manually and
keep getting error 500. Not sure what the issue is?

Piwigo version: Todays Netinstall Version
PHP version: 5.3
MySQL version: 5
Piwigo URL: http://theexplorersarchive.missourimoun … otoarchive

Last edited by cb2015 (2015-03-29 05:08:27)

#2 2015-03-30 02:34:34

cb2015
2015-03-29

Re: Cant Seem to install to /

If it helps my site is hosted by GoDaddy as a sub domain...You have to use use plesk to manage it...
When GODaddy creates a sub domain they create the base website and its works..I get a webpage.... I talked with them today and they said it might be an issue with an htaccess file? but weren't much help. They said I should be able to just delete all and move the  piwigo files there. I have tried that and the net install and manual...many times....Everything gets installed no matter where I run the piwigo-netinstal.php file is..I have tried / and /{folder name}
but no urls of any sort work except the piwigo-installer.php
If zI try to connect to any other file in the same directory ie. install.php index.php I get error 500?
I have no access to the real server logs so its hard?
Noinstall page is ever accessed?

#3 2015-03-30 22:52:37

cb2015
2015-03-29

Well I got it to reinstall but it only works if I place the files under /subdomainname/photos/piwigo...
I really just want my visitors to goto the subdomain url

#4 2015-03-31 10:35:58

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

hello
that's an hosting issue
Piwigo as any other php script can be installed in any folder where the server processes (apache and php) are allowed to go; usually that's in a 'public_html' or 'www' folder
don't know the specifity of your hoster

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#5 2015-03-31 14:03:27

CB

Thanks and yes
I have tried moving the directory to several places including the directory where my primary Domain and website reside but it still only runs if I have it in a folder called piwigo....getting frustrated as the ISP hasnt been much help....one of the reasons i ran my own servers for yrs...Hosted environments are a pain...also seems I can also only adjust php by adding a user.ini file to the root / which overrides the server php settings on the server.

Board footer