Announcement

#1 2015-05-29 07:58:56

daveberndt
2015-05-29

Local PHP.ini breaks Manage Users

Hi All,

I have a new install of Piwigo. I started adding photos till I need to increase max upload size. As soon as I added a local PHP.ini to the Piwigo install folder, Manage Users in the Admin panel hangs. I've attempted to compare output from phpinfo with the local PHP.ini and without. There are some differences, but adding any .

I have used local PHP.ini with other products on my website and phpinfo (accessed from Piwigo Admin Home) will reflect settings made in my local php.ini

This is what happens;
With local PHP.ini, Piwigo functions just fine, including the increased max upload sizes. I can get to everything in admin panel without problem, except when I click on 'Users' -> 'Manage'. The User list page comes up with the white 'Loading...' box and there it sits indefinitely.  Once you click on any other item in the Admin Panel, you are redirected to login again and presented the message 'You are not authorised to access the requested page'

Remove the local PHP.ini and the problem goes away.

I have done a clean re-install as well with no success.

I have noticed in Firefox Firebug (also will see using Chrome Inspect) an error with 'http://millwood430.com/journal/admin/user_list_backend.php' with a status 401 Authorization required, comes up immediately.

My current local PHP.ini looks like this;
[PHP]
date.timezone = "America/Los_Angeles"
upload_max_filesize = 50M
post_max_size = 50M
memory_limit = 512M

PHP settings I've tried/added with no success(attempts at making the local ini settings match server default);
session.save_path = "/tmp"
allow_url_fopen = Off
serialize_precision = 100
register_globals = Off

Hosting:             Surpass Shared Hosting
Piwigo version:  2.7.4
PHP version:      5.3.28
MySQL version:  5.5.42-cll
Piwigo URL:        http://www.millwood430.com/journal

Any help with this is greatly appreciated. I am so hoping it's going to be the 'did you click the Make it Work box?' :)

Thank you in advance
Dave

#2 2015-06-01 06:53:31

katpatuka
2015-05-29

Re: Local PHP.ini breaks Manage Users

Does it work to just set php_value upload_max_filesize in the .htaccess of your gallery folder?

#3 2015-06-01 16:44:18

daveberndt
2015-05-29

Thank katpatuka,

I have tried .htaccess with hopes of avoiding using a local PHP.ini, but apparently my web hosting service doesn't pick it up.  (something to do with Apache ' Allow overrides' )

Short answer: Yes and no luck :(

Anyway the .htaccess I've tried looks like this:

<IfModule mod_php5.c>
php_value upload_max_filesize   200M
php_value post_max_size     100M
</IfModule>

#4 2015-06-18 07:35:13

daveberndt
2015-05-29

Any direction with this would be greatly appreciated. I have a gallery 3 migration that I've test and works great. However, this is the only thing holding me back from moving forward.

perhaps a bug?

Thanks,
Dave

Board footer