•  » Themes
  •  » Left-Justify Album Description

#1 2015-06-22 01:44:21

f3red
Cold Springs (Reno), NV, USA
2015-06-11

Left-Justify Album Description

Hello, all!

I would like help in changing my theme - elegant - to cause the album description text to be left-justified. I tried editing theme.css but saw no result from that.

I would prefer not to put HTML tags into every album description (I did that for the top-level gallery description, but that is too mandraulic).

And I am still pretty new to Piwigo, so if you have a suggestion, please be very specific about how to find any file you suggest changing.

Thanks in advance!
f3

Piwigo version: 2.7.4
PHP version: 5.4
MySQL version:
Piwigo URL: http://www.384thbombgroup.com/piwigo_384th_gallery/

Last edited by f3red (2015-06-22 15:32:29)

#2 2015-06-22 15:31:43

f3red
2015-06-11

Re: Left-Justify Album Description

I have followed the guidance on http://piwigo.org/doc/doku.php?id=user_ … q:css_code for editing local files, and still have not succeeded. I located the following code in Firebug:

.content .navigationBar, .content .additional_info, .content .calendarBar {
    margin: 8px 4px;
    text-align: center;
}

and changed the text-align to left, but there was no effect. I have purged compiled templates (and other things) repeatedly without achieving the desired effect.

I examined the file elegant-rules.css in the local/css directory and it has the expected content. Clearly there is some key point I am missing - HELP!

Thanks,
f3

#3 2015-06-22 15:41:16

f3red
2015-06-11

Re: Left-Justify Album Description

Latest update.

The local files editor was playing a trick on me, it seems. A portion of the css file that was saved appears to have had some kind of defect, which effectively truncated the file content, removing the css code change I was trying to apply.

Why this happened is a mystery!

Anyway, after detecting the problem, I deleted the rules file (and the backup) from the server and re-saved the changes and everything worked the way it was supposed to. Very strange...

•  » Themes
  •  » Left-Justify Album Description

Board footer