Announcement

#1 2015-04-23 16:46:55

xbgmsharp
1970-01-01

Forecast

Hello,

I' currently developing a plugin to display the weather condition (icon and text) at the time and location of the photo/video.
I would like to know if anyone would be interested in using this?

http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=795
The API use to fetch the weather data is http://forecast.io

Thanks

#2 2015-04-24 17:46:47

xbgmsharp
1970-01-01

Re: Forecast

First screenshot.

#3 2015-04-24 17:59:26

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

is it an image ? it would be better if not :-)

what's sure it is a very limited usage ^^

#4 2015-04-24 18:02:03

xbgmsharp
1970-01-01

It is not an image. all dynamic data.
Agree limited usage but more for a PoC and fun.

#5 2015-04-24 18:06:08

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

I said that because the font is a bit weird, like stretched vertically

#6 2015-07-01 13:42:22

xbgmsharp
1970-01-01

I am in the process of a new release for the plugin forecast.
Here is a preview.

#7 2015-07-02 00:28:37

SimonCropper
2015-05-26

I think the plug-in has some serious use. It is providing complementary information to support your metadata. Just like showing the location of your photo on a map or time-line (calendar).

Imagine being able to ask Piwigo "Show me the photos I took on sunny/cloudy/windy days". The filtered photos would show how you how you handle various weather conditions.

I like the idea and would like it developed enough to have the data stored in the database and to be searchable!

#8 2015-07-02 10:59:20

xbgmsharp
1970-01-01

Hey thanks for the feedback.
Both plugins Forecast and OpenStreetMap use the latitude and longitude details and display a information.

I do agree with your idea, and I believe it will be cover by next plugin TagThings.
The main concept is to create tags from the location name and weather condition and similar image and face tags.
Still working on how to implement and link them all.
Any feedback welcome.

#9 2015-07-02 11:18:58

SimonCropper
2015-05-26

xbgmsharp wrote:

Both plugins Forecast and OpenStreetMap use the latitude and longitude details and display a information.
I do agree with your idea, and I believe it will be cover by next plugin TagThings.
The main concept is to create tags from the location name and weather condition and similar image and face tags.
Any feedback welcome.

My only suggestion at this early stage is take it slow. Create a framework that can populate tag fields on the fly based on the result of a query based on lat-long. This ought to sort out the location name and weather condition. Image classification and face-recognition is a completely different thing (raster data analysis rather than database query). They could use the same tag fields on the fly algorithm but require more effort to analyse the photo. Not sure if an on-line album is the best place for this type of classification-tagging.

Personally I tag using digikam, then upload to my online photo album (Piwigo sees and uses my metadata). I can see why integrating other on-line services can be of value, but whether it is done on your computer or in the cloud, I suppose it depends on your personal workflow.

Me, I am interested in the weather plug-in because I see a value and nothing else does that at present. Whether is is done on my client or on the web is irrelevant to me, although doing it on-line results in a discrepancy between my photo metadata on my computer and the Internet.

#10 2015-07-02 18:19:35

xbgmsharp
1970-01-01

I just release a new version. Please feedback.

SimonCropper wrote:

xbgmsharp wrote:

Any feedback welcome.

My only suggestion at this early stage is take it slow. Create a framework that can populate tag fields on the fly based on the result of a query based on lat-long. This ought to sort out the location name and weather condition. Image classification and face-recognition is a completely different thing (raster data analysis rather than database query). They could use the same tag fields on the fly algorithm but require more effort to analyse the photo. Not sure if an on-line album is the best place for this type of classification-tagging.

Personally I tag using digikam, then upload to my online photo album (Piwigo sees and uses my metadata). I can see why integrating other on-line services can be of value, but whether it is done on your computer or in the cloud, I suppose it depends on your personal workflow.

Me, I am interested in the weather plug-in because I see a value and nothing else does that at present. Whether is is done on my client or on the web is irrelevant to me, although doing it on-line results in a discrepancy between my photo metadata on my computer and the Internet.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, you wish to have an additional tab in the admin plugin page.
The new tab will tag the photo base on the weather condition.
It can be one of the following values: clear-day, clear-night, rain, snow, sleet, wind, fog, cloudy, partly-cloudy-day, or partly-cloudy-night

#11 2015-07-02 21:55:17

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

@xbgmsharp
Can you add description.txt in folder EN
Can you add right to translator user

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#12 2015-07-03 12:06:21

xbgmsharp
1970-01-01

ddtddt wrote:

@xbgmsharp
Can you add description.txt in folder EN
Can you add right to translator user

Done thanks

#13 2015-07-03 12:54:56

xbgmsharp
1970-01-01

@SimonCropper

Please correct me if I'm wrong, you wish to have an additional tab in the admin plugin page.
The new tab will tag the photo base on the weather condition.
It can be one of the following values: clear-day, clear-night, rain, snow, sleet, wind, fog, cloudy, partly-cloudy-day, or partly-cloudy-night

What if I add the weather condition in conjunction of the tag groups extension, http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=781
It would create a tag/keyword group name weather and a key with one of the following values: clear-day, clear-night, rain, snow, sleet, wind, fog, cloudy, partly-cloudy-day, or partly-cloudy-night

Would that match you requirement?

Last edited by xbgmsharp (2015-07-03 12:57:48)

#14 2015-07-08 14:04:08

xbgmsharp
1970-01-01

If anyone is willing to test prior the release, https://github.com/xbgmsharp/piwigo-for … stallation

The plugin create a tag/keyword group name weather and a key with one of the following values: clear-day, clear-night, rain, snow, sleet, wind, fog, cloudy, partly-cloudy-day, or partly-cloudy-night

It works in conjunction of the tag groups extension, http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=781

This allow to ask PWG to "Show me the photos I took on sunny/cloudy/windy days"

#15 2015-07-08 15:36:13

SimonCropper
2015-05-26

@xbgmsharp

Sory I have been away from my computer. I'll try the plug-in on Friday is possible.

Simon

Board footer