Announcement

#1 2015-08-15 14:38:48

mariposa
2013-09-30

Failure to move Piwigo to new folder on file system

Hi all,

I cannot move my Piwigo installation to a new folder on the file system, despite it being reportedly self-contained.

I have tried all the suggestions in this thread:
http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17100&p=1
including: deactivating all plugins; deactivating all custom templates; deactivating all themes, except for the theme "Stripped", which is my default theme; purging the user cache, sessions and compiled templates from the admin page, as well as manually deleting all files in the folder _data/templates_c/.

I do not have a file config.local.php in the folder local/config/, therefore I could not edit that, nor do any of the other files in that folder reference the previous location.

A grep over all text files in my Piwigo installation revealed that only the following files contain references to the old location:
_data/Mail_supervisor_log/pw1.html
_data/tmp/feed.xml
As these files were not mentioned anywhere in the forum, I have left those alone for now. They also don't turn up in any of the error messages, which follow the following pattern, where PIWIGO_ROOT stands for the old folder name:

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'PIWIGO_ROOT/include/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_cacheresource_file.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in PIWIGO_ROOT/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 101

Warning: include(PIWIGO_ROOT/include/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in PIWIGO_ROOT/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1524

Warning: include(): Failed opening 'PIWIGO_ROOT/include/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in PIWIGO_ROOT/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1524

Fatal error: Class 'Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase' not found in PIWIGO_ROOT/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 107

I am running Piwigo 2.7.4 with PHP: 5.4.41-0+deb7u1 and MySQL: 5.5.44-0+deb7u1

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your responses

Mariposa

#2 2015-08-15 21:41:00

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Failure to move Piwigo to new folder on file system

Hello
just Smarty caching things
try to empty _data/template_c

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2015-08-16 22:43:48

mariposa
2013-09-30

Thanks, but as described in my original post, I've done that ... about a dozen times in total. Also tried deleting the folder "template_c" completely, as this was mentioned in another post.

Didn't work.

Any other ideas?

#4 2015-08-16 23:30:45

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

can you restart the apache/nginx server ?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#5 2015-08-17 15:05:08

mariposa
2013-09-30

I have restarted/reloaded nginx after every change in configuration. I tested whether the new config was actually read by nginx by accessing another page in the same domain, but not within the Piwigo installation. This page was always accessible with whatever new config I reloaded nginx with, indicating to me that it's not a webserver problem.

Thanks for the suggestion. Any other? I'd be really grateful if we could solve that problem.

#6 2015-08-17 15:22:27

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

sorry but that's the first seeing such issue ;
does it work again put at the old path? is your new path outside of the server root or anything special on thaht side? check chmod and owner...
i'm running out of ammo here

#7 2015-09-13 18:36:05

mariposa
2013-09-30

I've now given it another go ...

... and this time IT WORKED!

Great!

The only thing I've done different this time from all the other (failed) attempts, was to also delete all deactivated plugins on my plugins list. I.e., where in the past I would deactivate all active plugins, that didn't help.

This time, I LEFT ALL ACTIVE PLUGINS unchanged, but DELETED the half dozen that were already deactivated but not deleted. Those were the following: "Additional Pages", "Batch Downloader", "Download Permissions", "Linked Pages", "PWG Stuffs", "User Collections".

I was not using any of the deactivated plugins but had left them there in case I wanted to use them at a later stage.

As before, I also purged all user sessions, custom templates, etc. except this time it worked when before it didn't. I also had to delete left-over .php-files from _data/template_c, so reading the forum documentation wasn't totally in vain ;-).

I conclude that it was something about the deactivated plugins that prevented me from moving my Piwigo installation to another folder.

Thanks for all your input. Hope this helps someone else sooner or later.

Board footer