Announcement

#1 2015-09-03 21:35:09

thomashton
2015-09-03

fotorama vs. videojs

hi,
i only have found this old thread regarding my question:
[Forum, topic 24642] Video play error after upgrade to 2.7.1

problem is i want to have both a nice picture viewer and video player. so it's fotorama (as i haven't found a better one then fotorama yet) and videojs, both for themselves are nice and simple extensions. but it seems they're still incompatible, though i don't understand flop25s explanation. anyway, two questions here:

- does anyone know how to manage getting both running? (or has a better solution than me)
- is there any way to disable fotorama in certain albums? (meanwhile)

help/suggestions would be highly appreciated - struggling around with this like forever :/

#2 2015-09-03 21:44:48

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: fotorama vs. videojs

Hi thomashton,

I agree, it would be really nice to have them working together. I also use Fotoram as a replacement for the photo page. I notify this topic to plugins authors.

#3 2015-09-04 14:22:35

xbgmsharp
1970-01-01

I will take a look and try to find a workaround.
I created an issue to track done the progress.
[Github] piwigo-videojs issue #67

#4 2015-09-04 17:39:15

thomashton
2015-09-03

thanks!

two comments for now:
- don't know if it's the same for 2.7.0 (as mentioned in the other thread) - just figured out recently that avi is incompatible with html5

- wondering why you shouldn't be able just to include the videojs plugin in the fotorma viewer (as flop25 argued)

btw, idea for an workaround: if the filetype is video just fall back to the basic viewer - for testing i've enabled the video info button, clicking it refers to the std. viewer where the video is shown properly. so why don't just show the relevant part of the std. viewer within the fotorma picture area....? (basically like an iframe formerly)

(just notice right now how much punctuation clamps i'm using)

#5 2015-09-17 18:28:35

thomashton
2015-09-03

hi, any news here regarding a fix/solution?

#6 2015-12-20 18:12:56

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

On a specific Piwigo, I have implemented a solution on theme (derived from Modus):

Code:

$isVideo = (function_exists('vjs_valid_extension') and vjs_valid_extension(get_extension($item['path'])) === true);
if ($isVideo and function_exists('Fotorama_is_replace_picture') and Fotorama_is_replace_picture())
{
    // we don't want to open Fotorama in slideshow mode
    $item['URL'].= '&slidestop';
}

not "great" but fits the need I think.

#7 2015-12-21 15:23:31

jnashpiwigo
Piwigo Team
2014-10-21

plg wrote:

On a specific Piwigo, I have implemented a solution on theme (derived from Modus):

Code:

$isVideo = (function_exists('vjs_valid_extension') and vjs_valid_extension(get_extension($item['path'])) === true);
if ($isVideo and function_exists('Fotorama_is_replace_picture') and Fotorama_is_replace_picture())
{
    // we don't want to open Fotorama in slideshow mode
    $item['URL'].= '&slidestop';
}

not "great" but fits the need I think.

Where does this fix go?

#8 2015-12-23 10:56:28

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

It goes into themes/modus/themconfig.inc.php (it only works for Modus theme). It's not a perfect solution, it's just a "better done than perfect" and immediate solution :-)

#9 2016-07-31 22:57:20

dbareiro
2016-04-02

Hi, Pierrick.

plg wrote:

It goes into themes/modus/themconfig.inc.php (it only works for Modus theme). It's not a perfect solution, it's just a "better done than perfect" and immediate solution :-)

I found this forum thread by a reference in a issue of piwigo-videojs.

I wonder if the code you quoted is the only thing we should add on the file that you mentioned. Because I tried copying it at  the end of the file (before php>), but Piwigo displays an error about undefined variable in the first line of your code.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Board footer