Announcement

#31 2015-04-17 20:20:59

jnashpiwigo
Piwigo Team
2014-10-21

Re: VideoJs metadata testing

jnashpiwigo wrote:

Any movement on mediainfo changes to support the coords in .mp4 container?

From what I've been able to gather, it appears that supporting XMP embedded tags is what's required.  exiftool supports these tags. 

I'm still looking for a way to 'translate' the tags and embed them back in to the .mp4, but not having luck. 

I require re-encoding to drop the quality and resolution down so that streaming is more effective for lower bandwidth users.  The raw iphone .mov file is just too big and too quality for web streaming effectively.

I'd really like to be able to support the GPS coords in an mp4 file though.

Also, I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I'm looking for something opposite of everything I've been able to dig up here.  I'd like to be able to take the GPS coords, look them up, and translate them to location (for US: city, state, etc.) and then update the tags in the file (be it video or jpeg)  The iphone only embeds the coords, not the location names.  Any one working around this somehow?

The GPS data in the mpeg4 containers is written via XMP tags.  In the apple .mov files, it's embedded in the quicktime stream...

#32 2015-09-13 16:05:56

jnashpiwigo
Piwigo Team
2014-10-21

So, any luck in getting support for mp4 files with GPS info written in the XMP tags?

#33 2015-09-14 23:20:35

Barry

jnashpiwigo

I left you a message about the GreyDragon theme.  Sorry to bust in on your post, but there does not seem to be a lot of help here and looks like a lot of post go unanswered.  I might as well go back to Gallery3, I suppose..........

#34 2015-09-15 04:12:36

jnashpiwigo
Piwigo Team
2014-10-21

Things are a bit slow, but as with all volunteer, open source stuff, people are busy.

I'm trudging through this as G3 is dead.  It's time to move on.  I like a lot of the piwigo features, but coding for it is still boggling my mind.

Hang in there!  (Oh, and I have no idea how to get a message if you left one...)

Board footer